British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

22 hours ago, speedwayfan8 said:

Don't think Boughen is Premiership ready yet. I'd love to see DT back but I think he will probably be back at Ipswich.

Why not, 16 is just a number, ask D Bewley.

Oxford invested in Boughen so why wouldn't they pick him as their RS.

Extra track time around the Oxford circuit in the Prem against better opposition can only help his progress in the Champ.

Joe Thompson at Leicester me thinks.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Oxford invested in Boughen so why wouldn't they pick him as their RS.

Extra track time around the Oxford circuit in the Prem against better opposition can only help his progress in the Champ.

Joe Thompson at Leicester me thinks.

Are the Thompson family and Stewart Dickson on friendly terms? Suggestions on here last season that the relationship wasn't good

39 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Are the Thompson family and Stewart Dickson on friendly terms? Suggestions on here last season that the relationship wasn't good

No idea but neither party can be a chooser. 

Joe Thompson is the best RS available around Leicester and he needs the experience and money.

Dickson needs a RS who can ride Leicester well and have the beating of the oppositions RS at Home most weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

No idea but neither party can be a chooser. 

Joe Thompson is the best RS available around Leicester and he needs the experience and money.

Dickson needs a RS who can ride Leicester well and have the beating of the oppositions RS at Home most weeks.

I believe relations are better now and Mr Cairns is keen that the Thompson family are involved at Leicester as he is a huge promoter of British youth Speedway.

I would agree that Dan or Joe T are probably the best RS round Leicester it was Dan’s away form that was the issue last season but showed that he improved greatly towards the end of the season.

25 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I believe relations are better now and Mr Cairns is keen that the Thompson family are involved at Leicester as he is a huge promoter of British youth Speedway.

I would agree that Dan or Joe T are probably the best RS round Leicester it was Dan’s away form that was the issue last season but showed that he improved greatly towards the end of the season.

Joe Thompson replacing Flint i would imagine against my other predictions some pages back...Suppose we will all know on Sunday.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't think clubs or riders can afford to hold grudges, not enough riders / teams to go around for either to be

Dan and Joe were specifically  asked this at the Speedway Show and seemed open to returning

• Like 1

15 hours ago, speedwayfan8 said:

I really hope not. Joe isn't as much of a racer as Dan. I would rather Boughen over JT TBH. There are better options available.

Who do you suggest besides Ashton?