British Speedway Forum

Promoters Conference

2 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Another utter pointless AGM with pathetic outcomes. There really is no point at all to these annual meetings, I can't wait for a breakaway league

What difference would that make?

It would be the same people running it who are happy to run the sport the way they do now...

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I know loads of people who dont attend anymore due to the way referees started races... 

It will be great to see the electronic random starting system implemented, hopefully that brings back some of those who have stayed away... 

For real? Loads of people?

I mean, there are so many reasons to stay away from speedway and loads of people do stay away from speedway.

But are 'loads' of people staying away because of the length of time the starting tapes are held? Really? Am I missing something? Is this really speedway's salvation?

6 minutes ago, Wessexbobcat said:

6 minutes ago, Wessexbobcat said:

Well nothing that makes me want to return in that !

What?

Not even the electronic random starting system?

You are hard to please Bobcat...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, truthsayer said:

For real? Loads of people?

I mean, there are so many reasons to stay away from speedway and loads of people do stay away from speedway.

But are 'loads' of people staying away because of the length of time the starting tapes are held? Really? Am I missing something? Is this really speedway's salvation?

I think MikeBV might have been a touch sarcastic

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Steps back in amazement.

Mind you. If they get all their fixtures completed, it might embarrass a few clubs who can't, despite only running one team.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think MikeBV might have been a touch sarcastic

How very dare you...

Maybe they could stream it in action and let us watch it on our smart phones during the meeting?

We could also maybe have a competition called "Guess the start time" measured from the Green light to tapes up...

And also publish the mean start time averages of the 15 heats in the Speedway Star each week...

I also presume the refs now get paid less as they no longer risk their lives pressing a start button for our entertainment a minimum 15 times a night..? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What an AGM! 

2 replacement clubs to keep the PL at 7 clubs. Increase in points limit.

1 replacement club to move into the CL, reducing by one club, but with a reduced points limit.

Less p off fixtures in the CL. 

More gusts allowed and random starting. 

Let’s hope all 7 PL teams can find enough riders to reach the new points limit 

47 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Let’s hope all 7 PL teams can find enough riders to reach the new points limit 

With the stronger riders that have returned  imo the limit needs to be higher and the RS removed 

Can see the 6 and 7 being seriously out of their depth

*TRANSFER WINDOW: The traditional end-of-August transfer cut-off has been replaced by a transfer window, which will close when a club has completed 75 per cent of their regular league matches.

This is idiotic, they have created a situation where every club could have a different closure of their transfer window creating an advantage for those who have a late window.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, screm said:

*TRANSFER WINDOW: The traditional end-of-August transfer cut-off has been replaced by a transfer window, which will close when a club has completed 75 per cent of their regular league matches.

This is idiotic, they have created a situation where every club could have a different closure of their transfer window creating an advantage for those who have a late window.

"Traditional"

A tradition dating back to 2022?

33 minutes ago, HGould said:

Mildenhall and Kent hopefully. 

Edinburgh, Leicester, Scunthorpe Stags, Oxford maybe?? 

Four out of six and wasting your hopes on the other 2,  perhaps 1 current NDL Team and a new 1 will make up the 6 and I suspect it will be set up in order to move out those topping up their wages and allow new riders in.

The rest of PL and CL who havent got a NDL team have to run a Stand alone National Youth Meeting or a structured  youth 2nd half.

Edited by MillenTheVillen