British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2024

On 11/22/2023 at 3:17 PM, bruno said:

I know someone who was doing security work and Vanessa Feltz was there, he wouldn't let her back in because she'd forgot her i.d badge and she came out with don't you know who I am . You can guess his reply lol they had to get the manager to let her back in. The security did know her really but was worth saying no just to see the look on her face. Horrible woman apparently 

I laughed when I read that! A  few years ago I was talking to the security guy at Anglia TV in Norwich. Feltz arrived in a taxi and apparently told the security guy to get her bags out of the taxi and take them inside for her. He politely told her he was a security man, not a bl**dy  bell boy, so go and get your own bags! I'd guess she was not amused, but your comment just backs up what I thought about her as well.

Edited by Bunce
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, TTT said:

Can't see Dan lowering himself to those kind of levels tbh.

Leaving BV for KL is the equivalent of leaving Kate Moss for Vanessa Feltz.

Might be closer than you think . Apparently Feltz gives a good blow....  dry :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Ah so shes a smackhead cos she used to like a bit of coke?

smackheads are heroin addicts. She hasnt ever done heroin as far as i can see. 

3 hours ago, Bunce said:

I laughed when I read that! A  few years ago I was talking to the security guy at Anglia TV in Norwich. Feltz arrived in a taxi and apparently told the security guy to get her bags out of the taxi and take them inside for her. He politely told her he was a security man, not a bl**dy  bell boy, so go and get your own bags! I'd guess she was not amused, but your comment just backs up what I thought about her as well.

There is / used to be a very interesting thread on the digital spy forum about celebrities you had met and opinions of them - one who consistently came out really bad was old Cilla black and I think  Feltz got a few un positive reviews as well 

anyway back to BV and 2024 BV Twitter account says no Charles Wright or Tom Brennan - let’s hope they don’t sign for the same team in 2024!! 

does this mean the other 5 are back? 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

On 11/22/2023 at 9:43 AM, TTT said:

Can see BV doing a Sheffield by going for a strong top end with British youngsters at 6 & 7.

B. Kurtz 8.51
Blodorn 5.83
Lidsey 7.86
B. Cook 6.00
Bewley 8.00
Bailey 3.49
+RS (Mulford, Rowe, Jenkins, Flint)

0.31 left.

If that’s the side I find it curious that cook was signed over wright or Brennan tbh 

On 11/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, Crazy robin said:

Disappointed to see the best rising star being released along with Charles & don’t think either will struggle for a team spot hopefully.

Charles signed for a new club 2 days after Belle vue released him. He wont say who for  until his new club announce it. He was on a live on line interview last night

5 hours ago, DBP said:

Charles signed for a new club 2 days after Belle vue released him. He wont say who for  until his new club announce it. He was on a live on line interview last night

It’s Oxford 

26 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Shame would've liked him at Ipswich instead of king

Ben cook over king? Really?

he scored 5+3 riding reserve and 5+1, 4+2 riding at 4 and 2 in his Foxhall visits last year and his gsa only 1.05 less than king huge downgrade that for very little gain elsewhere in team building. 

Edited by 89buttons

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nobody has been “dropped”, or “released” for that matter. Every rider is out of contract until they sign a new one for the following year. Belle Vue have simply decided not to sign them for the 2024 season which is their right. 

Precisely.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Ben cook over king? Really?

he scored 5+3 riding reserve and 5+1, 4+2 riding at 4 and 2 in his Foxhall visits last year and his gsa only 1.05 less than king huge downgrade that for very little gain elsewhere in team building. 

No chance Danny King wont be back, very few ride Foxhall as well as him and rode brilliantly in the play offs.

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nobody has been “dropped”, or “released” for that matter. Every rider is out of contract until they sign a new one for the following year. Belle Vue have simply decided not to sign them for the 2024 season which is their right. 

So why were Poole so upset that Basso chose to go to Glasgow?

At times their attitude sounded like Basso had just received a testimonial then left the next day after promising to stay (I may be exaggerating slightly lol).