British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yep, cost being the main reason and racing on your preferred raceday.

Ps. No crashes at Cowley then??!!

Pps. What are the odds of Oxford NOT doing all 3 leagues in 2025.

Yep, it's just a shame you're missing out on the best action in the UK because Poole can't afford it. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

How I get my 'wow' factor is entirely up to me. Watching Lawson, Brennan and Ben Cook against other heat leaders of similar standard is far better than watching Emil half a lap in front of various 'rising stars'.

Each to their own as long as they still attend.

That's really the problem this season there isn't another 2nd div team who have 3 heat leaders of similar standard to  lawson,brennan and cook so it's more like a procession than a "wow".obviously the top division is better silly to say otherwise. Think for non speedway related reasons it suits the promoter at the moment  to make decent relatively 'easy money " in the championship. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Catalan said:

Poole won't be going up anytime soon that's for certain

Yeah, kinda what I'm expecting. But haven't we done everything in the Championship now? I mean what else is there? Prem is harder to win imo. But then not my money. 

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

That's really the problem this season there isn't another 2nd div team who have 3 heat leaders of similar standard to  lawson,brennan and cook so it's more like a procession than a "wow".obviously the top division is better silly to say otherwise. Think for non speedway related reasons it suits the promoter at the moment  to make decent relatively 'easy money " in the championship. 

Was that also 'the problem' in 2021 and 2022? Asking for a friend!;)

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

Think they will see it that way, as opposed to losing money in the Premiership.They don’t plead to Supporters Clubs to keep them afloat.

It’s not rocket science that the top league is better to watch racing 

Ipswich dropped down and the racing was poor and boring but this season we have seen Emil Doyle Lindgren Bewley Kurtz Fricke to name but a few and you would rather see that then Lawson and Craig Cook lol

By all means enjoy the second tier but don’t spout rubbish about the standard being comparable

Saying who wants to see Emil v a rising star …. Well in that race Emil could  be against Jack Holder at Sheffield with Jenkins and Gilkes what a race in prospect … better by a mile then Lawson Foord Craig Cook and McGurk lol

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Yep, it's just a shame you're missing out on the best action in the UK because Poole can't afford it. 

Yes I shall miss seeing GP-level 2nd string Janowski behind Championship riders Harris and Wright in the August averages! Not! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ipswich dropped down and the racing was poor and boring but this season we have seen Emil Doyle Lindgren Bewley Kurtz Fricke to name but a few and you would rather see that then Lawson and Craig Cook lol

By all means enjoy the second tier but don’t spout rubbish about the standard being comparable

Saying who wants to see Emil v a rising star …. Well in that race Emil could  be against Jack Holder at Sheffield with Jenkins and Gilkes what a race in prospect … better by a mile then Lawson Foord Craig Cook and McGurk lol

Watch out, watch out, the Gav's about!! (Oh silly me its a Poole thread, Duh)

One race per meeting doesn't do it for me!:D

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, kinda what I'm expecting. But haven't we done everything in the Championship now? I mean what else is there? Prem is harder to win imo. But then not my money. 

Mind you we have won everything there is to win in the top league 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But you also see Lawson and Cook in the top league :rofl:

48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

What you are totally oblivious to is that it doesn't matter who is in the race to produce a very entertaining race and that's where the quality lies!

I enjoy all levels whether that's an Emil or NDL racing. I've seen great and not so great racing at all levels. 

Remember, all the greats have to start somewhere.

And you should've been at Glasgow on Friday especially heat 10 Ben Cook vs Bomber.......beat any race in the top league any day if ur into separating the leagues!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

My point is that the quality is significantly better. No amount of you claiming it's not is going to change that fact. End.

Ha Ha, Good to see you at it again, your opinion or no opinion and nothing is going to change fact. End

35 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

My point is that the quality is significantly better. No amount of you claiming it's not is going to change that fact. End.

Surely depends on how you define quality?! The quality of racing in NDL can be just as enthralling and entertaining without any star names.

But as said previously, each to their own. End.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

you could try winning the hearts and respect from other teams fans .. give it a try , you may like it .

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Toady said:

Ha Ha, Good to see you at it again, your opinion or no opinion and nothing is going to change fact. End

Only you could agree with the Poole fans and think the Championship is better than the Premiership. 

I live inside your head so much that you'd argue the sky was green if I said it was blue. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

How I get my 'wow' factor is entirely up to me. Watching Lawson, Brennan and Ben Cook against other heat leaders of similar standard is far better than watching Emil half a lap in front of various 'rising stars'.

Each to their own as long as they still attend.

Come on everyone, this has to be the most pointless argument I've ever seen in the forum, from seemingly the most innocuous of posts.

If Skidder1 is happy watching Championship racing at Poole then good for him.

If others think Premiership racing with Emil is better so they go watch that, then good for them.

These are opinions, there is no right or wrong answer. I've seen both good & bad matches at all levels of the sport. I've seen people saying the SON at Belle Vue was amazing, I thought it was almost a bore fest & seen far better racing round there. I know someone who prefers the racing at Armadale to Scunthorpe, which I find astonishing.

I just fail to see why people are arguing over this?

• Like 5