British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

11 hours ago, lbw said:

I'd give my mate a go.......Tom Spencer (Leicester Cubs) in the short term at least. He has got his average up to 8.48 in the NDL this season and he said to me that he would like a go at the Championship.

I guess he would come in on a 2 point average. But like any rider on such an average don't expect the world from him. All this bickering about who is better than who, at the end of the day these lads are a 2 point rider for a reason.

Anyway, c'mon Tom now is your time to shine :t:

Has Tom really improved, or has his average gone up due to a weaker league (or a bit of both).

I think lowering the standard of the National League only makes it harder for riders to make it in the Championship. If it's s possible to score maximums in the NL but zeroes in the Champ, how will riders ever know if they're ready for the step up?

No harm in giving Spencer a few guest outings & see how he gets on.

On 6/27/2024 at 3:42 PM, Gavan said:

Poole fans saying Foord is a loss he hasn’t scored a point 

Hope if asked Perry tells Poole where to shove it 

Riding for Poole on Wednesday 

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Well he hasn't, riding for them on Wednesday 

Maybe he's been welcomed back with open arms.

There's a few other CL clubs who could do with an upgrade at Reserve. 

Poole might be staking another claim on him before anyone else pounces.

He's a talented lad and coming back from a bad injury, my personal opinion is Poole were to hasty to get rid of him, clubs have to have a youngster at reserve so at the very least stick with them unless they're almost  getting lapped in every race.

2 hours ago, lbw said:

I want more Poole Pirates, these breaks are doing me nut in! :D

same here in Berwick, next home meeting July 27th and typical today no meeting and the weather is brilliant.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Wait till the end of the season, there'll be plenty of racing in October after not running in the Summer.

Firstly not our fault and secondly summer runs until the end of August.

Edited by lbw

7 hours ago, lbw said:

Firstly not our fault and secondly summer runs until the end of August.

Not just Poole I'm referring to. Workington have a BSN semi final to organise & had half a month of racing & last night another blank Saturday.

No good reason for clubs not to be racing KOC / BSN ties on their free normal race days.

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not just Poole I'm referring to. Workington have a BSN semi final to organise & had half a month of racing & last night another blank Saturday.

No good reason for clubs not to be racing KOC / BSN ties on their free normal race days.

That's Scunny's fault. Can't see any reason why they couldn't have ridden at Poole last Weds for KO cup. 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree Scunny should have been made to race imo.

Yeah - the BSPL chairman should have made Scunny ride..... oh, wait a minute.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A brand new Pirates Promotional video set to drop on Monday, 1st July (just in time for the summer holidays)!!  The teaser makes for great viewing should there be any future doubts about how popular speedway and the Pirates are in Poole and surrounding areas!

The full version tomorrow should be excellent to spread the word further, especially if its needed in the future for any reason....................!:t::t:;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

What I’m going to say here I truly don’t mean it to sound if I’m stirring things up but is there honestly a worry that Poole might not be at tapes next year or the year after because it would be a crying shame if that’s the case I like the banter with Poole fans and if one of this country’s most famous clubs went I reckon it would be awful here’s hoping that’s not the case I no there was rumours earlier in the year but to me that’s what it is rumours I’m just wondering if any of the diehard fans of Poole have heard any more.

I believe Poole is sorted at the stadium for next season and that positive talks have been ongoing with the council & landlord for the long term future.

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1