British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Oh dear poor Poole  let's get the BSN semi final v worky sorted soon  But maybe the mighty Poole won't now play ball :D

Why not? We are not KL. We don't call meetings off cos one rider is missing! 

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Would have thought a guest would be the best option.

Definitely, puts too much pressure on the reserves otherwise. And if they manage to get a short term replacement in July then we only need to cover at Oxford on Weds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Why not? We are not KL. We don't call meetings off cos one rider is missing! 

Definitely, puts too much pressure on the reserves otherwise. And if they manage to get a short term replacement in July then we only need to cover at Oxford on Weds. 

Joe Thompson??

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Oh dear poor Poole  let's get the BSN semi final v worky sorted soon  But maybe the mighty Poole won't now play ball :D

Yeah no problem, bring it on, you might make 30 this time :party:

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not saying I wouldn't want a guest, but I don't see how it puts any real pressure on the reserves.

Zach Cook gets a ride, Hagon who's having a great season can take 3. Biggest issue is Foord would have to take a 4th ride.

For the Oxford match, is Zach & Sam (X3) stronger than Joe T?

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not saying I wouldn't want a guest, but I don't see how it puts any real pressure on the reserves.

Zach Cook gets a ride, Hagon who's having a great season can take 3. Biggest issue is Foord would have to take a 4th ride.

For the Oxford match, is Zach & Sam (X3) stronger than Joe T?

I don't know what Joe's form is like around Oxford. But he would been there quite a lot just in NL as every final seems to be Oxford Vs Leicester!

My issue with r/r is you need Hagon to be scoring double his average to cover and anytime you are needing a rider to do that then you are putting extra pressure on them. He still young and going to have up and down meetings. 

I think a guest would be the best option as even if they don't do amazing you can always get Hagon to take one of their rides anyway if needed. 

Excellent score for Sam Hagon 14(5) at Oxford in the NDL yesterday. Was an Ideal opportunity to get some laps in around Sandy Lane in time for Wednesday's  meeting :t:

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

Sam Hagon rode a whole season for the Chargers, he's very good around Sandy Lane. Joe Thompson has always been a bit and miss, I think Hagon would score more than him without even factoring in Zach Cook. No brainer for me.... although I want you to lose, so I'll shut up! :D

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Sam Hagon rode a whole season for the Chargers, he's very good around Sandy Lane. Joe Thompson has always been a bit and miss, I think Hagon would score more than him without even factoring in Zach Cook. No brainer for me.... although I want you to lose, so I'll shut up! :D

Well Poole managed 44 points in the BSN Series fixture with Hagon only scoring 6 points and the Cook Bros only getting 8 points between them!! So Wednesday should be a tight one again. Maybe a Cheetahs fan will start the meeting thread!!?

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well Poole managed 44 points in the BSN Series fixture with Hagon only scoring 6 points and the Cook Bros only getting 8 points between them!! So Wednesday should be a tight one again. Maybe a Cheetahs fan will start the meeting thread!!?

They don't often start their own meeting threads though Skidder. Well not in the Champ section anyway. Although not much to say until a preview of what guests potentially on both sides.