British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

39 minutes ago, Neila said:

Wow 5 days since any Poole fans have posted on here !!! Too busy infecting other clubs threads :D

A happy new year to you all, will be in Poole in may when the comets come visiting:drink:

A few of us doing the Glasgow/Workington weekend. 

Looking Forward to it.

Happy New Year see you in May

41 minutes ago, Neila said:

Wow 5 days since any Poole fans have posted on here !!! Too busy infecting other clubs threads :D

A happy new year to you all, will be in Poole in may when the comets come visiting:drink:

So you've decided to come on the Poole thread, pot black and all that 

48 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Looking Forward to it.

Great,  hopefully weather good and you get to see a couple of great meetings. We visited Wimborne Road for your opening fixture against Oxford last season. It was a cracking day and biggest crowd I've seen at Poole, previously visited on 3 or 4 occasions when you guys were in the Elite league. 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

A happy new year to you and speedway fans everywhere . I havent posted on here because our team has been finalised.Your only on here to moan about Poole fans.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Catalan said:

Looking Forward to it.

Yes I too am planning this weekend! along with a visit to Sheffield v Oxford on way up.

Just looking through some of the comments.....

I hope I'm wrong but can't see Thomsen lasting and feel he will struggle, this signing is a massive gamble. Personally I would have gone with Stefan Nielsen on a 3.75 average, yes has a history of getting injured but at Poole as a second string in a weaker league he would have scored well. He would have also scored well away from home I'm sure. Let's see if he turns up in the championship to start the season as feel someone will snap him up quick to replace riders not performing! 

5 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Keep hearing Stef has packed in. Don't know how reliable my source is mind.

He hasn't packed it in, Just yet . He's got a job outside of Speedway now but he'd still be willing to give speedway a go if the call was made.

53 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I hope I'm wrong but can't see Thomsen lasting and feel he will struggle, this signing is a massive gamble. Personally I would have gone with Stefan Nielsen on a 3.75 average, yes has a history of getting injured but at Poole as a second string in a weaker league he would have scored well. He would have also scored well away from home I'm sure. Let's see if he turns up in the championship to start the season as feel someone will snap him up quick to replace riders not performing! 

I think Nielsen would be a bigger gamble, if his average drops to 3.00, far less alternatives available. Thomsen can't drop below 4.00, so I don't see that as a gamble really, if he's awful can sign another 4.00 rider (& repeat till 75% of the fixtures are raced) or even Nielsen then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

He hasn't packed it in, Just yet . He's got a job outside of Speedway now but he'd still be willing to give speedway a go if the call was made.

Glad to hear. I've got a lot of time for the lad.

I'd like to see him back at Poole at some stage.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Kyle Newman's testimonial meeting now brought forward to Weds 13th March due to a clash with Premiership Launch media day on 20th!

Not yet updated on official fixture lists, but advised on FB.

10 weeks tomorrow then 

It always seems to get talked about every winter. Here is the answer from the horses mouth as it were .

“I know a few Poole supporters were hoping that we would go up (to the Premiership).

“But we’ve already stated our reasons for being in the Championship a million times. Fixed race nights simply don’t work for us at Poole.

“A Monday and a Thursday would be a huge financial risk for us. I know there was some comments about that, so I just wanted to address that.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/24025264.danny-ford-oxford-speedway-running-three-teams-2024-season/?ref=suit&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Saw these averages posted on the Workington thread:

Tobias Thomsen (8.64)

Sam Jensen (8.42)

Kasper Andersen (8.33)

Given Jensen & Andersen have averaged above 4 in tougher Championship seasons, I can see why Poole went for Thomsen.

• Like 1