British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, so that is why you were stalking my profile. Getting as sad as trackprat tbf. So in other words I haven't done what you made out. Thanks for confirming :t:

If you say hello to someone and they say hello back do you have a go at them for repeating you? Lmao :D

Oh and why are you repeating what is on my profile. People really hate repetition you know -_- 

That's it keep up your daily average!!!! Definitely OCD on this forum. If you don't like people to see how many posts you have, then edit your profile:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think some riders genuinely connect with the fans and Steve seems to be one of them. Saying good bye and Thank You to the fans came from the heart and I can see why Steve would rather say that aloud than let people read it in a crafted cold statement. Danny last yr, Lewis Kerr this yr would have loved the opportunity to say good bye in person. With so many riders leaving the championship, not cutting the points limit would have left 5 teams with 3 ht leaders and 4 teams about 5 points under the limit. As for the points limit and team building, I would say 80% of the riders know where they will be next season and at least 10% will be pretty sure, leaving around 9 riders sweating.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Be Lawson. Can't see Pickering at Poole imo. A lot of travelling from Yorkshire and back. If I remember correctly Dougie nearly came to Poole when he left Leicester and was looking for midweek team but then Lawson made himself available. Well that is what the rumour was anyway. 

Made a massive mistake there then, Douglas far superior 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scunny1 said:

That's it keep up your daily average!!!! Definitely OCD on this forum. If you don't like people to see how many posts you have, then edit your profile:rolleyes:

Not bothered. Just amused by why you are fascinated by the numbers. Is it because you still can't back up your original point? :unsure:

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

If clubs that are of a level to run in Div 1, choose to stay in Div 2, then they have to expect controls to provide a more level playing field..

As we know, averages often don't do that, given all the random variables involved that contribute to a riders average, including even subjectivity when using assessed averages...

The lower average basically will prevent teams from using 3 Div HL's , or two HL's and a strong Div 1 SS....

It should therefore mean that each team have at least two "good" Div 2 level riders, which means all should be at least competitive..

Which has to be the ultimate aim of any sport that doesnt have promotion or relegation, or delivers any great financial rewards for winning any title, or cup...

Lots of excellent points made to my initial question and the first point in your post has given me a different view to my thoughts on why reduce the points limit.Poole could run in the top league big enough crowd,Wednesday an issue but chose to drop down to save money I believe so as you say certain controls are part of the deal however as another point made all teams build to the same total so all a bit baffling.

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How about this team?

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Anders Rowe 5.80
Kyle Newman 5.51
Sam Hagon 2.56
Max Perry 2.00
Total 37.96

Way too top heavy that

Got a tail longer than Errol Flynn

Edited by Diamonds85

1. Richard Lawson

2. James Pearson

3. Zach Cook

4. Kyle Newman/Anders Rowe (Both fit)

5. Ben Cook

6. Tate Zischke/Paul Starke (Both fit, not sure how realistic Tate is though, Paul isn't as bad as his 4.00 average suggests as an alternative... Particularly at reserve)

7. Max Perry

Assuming the limit is 38

Edited by Diamonds85

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Does that mean it must be a good team if two people independently come up with it?

I think it would be the most likely if it is true about the reserves being Hagon and Perry. @Diamonds85said it was too top heavy but so was Oxford this year and they were top for most of it!

8 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Way too top heavy that

Got a tail longer than Errol Flynn

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it would be the most likely if it is true about the reserves being Hagon and Perry. @Diamonds85said it was too top heavy but so was Oxford this year and they were top for most of it!

Diamomds85 I wouldn't call it top heavy (only got one top rider) but yes it has a long tail but as lisa-colette pointed out, Oxford did well with 2 x 2.00 riders. Last year Birmingham used 8 points for their reserves & Edinburgh used 7 for theirs, didn't help their seasons.

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Richard Lawson

2. James Pearson

3. Zach Cook

4. Kyle Newman/Anders Rowe (Both fit)

5. Ben Cook

6. Tate Zischke/Paul Starke (Both fit, not sure how realistic Tate is though, Paul isn't as bad as his 4.00 average suggests as an alternative... Particularly at reserve)

7. Max Perry

Assuming the limit is 38

I certainly like the look of that team.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Diamomds85 I wouldn't call it top heavy (only got one top rider) but yes it has a long tail but as lisa-colette pointed out, Oxford did well with 2 x 2.00 riders. Last year Birmingham used 8 points for their reserves & Edinburgh used 7 for theirs, didn't help their seasons.

Does it really have a long tail? 

Decent, established riders at second string (not reserves) and Sam Hagon could easily be one of the better reserves in the league this coming season. 

Edited by Macca

Surely if the reserves ARE Sam Hagon and Max Perry then (I'm really not convinced by that as a pairing tbh, Oxford's 2.00ers this season were clearly going to kick on, where these two I can't see kicking on as much) this would be better... Keeping the Cook bothers at 3/4, bringing Brennan back to the south coast which has been rumoured and still having a big hitting number 1...

1. Richard Lawson 8.49

2. James Pearson/Tate Zischke 4.08/4.00

3. Ben Cook 7.39

4. Zach Cook 6.22

5. Tom Brennan 7.15

6. Sam Hagon 2.57

7. Max Perry 2.00

Total: 37.90/37.82

Edited by Diamonds85