British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Brian Andersen's kid turns 16 in April by my calculations. Presumably no league experience as a 15yo in Denmark? Assuming must be that kind of signing looking at. Be helluva signing that be great to see even if was for Poole lol

He's already ridden  3 DSL matches

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think that song from 'FROZEN'  is quite appropriate for several of the posts on here  "Let it go, Let it go"!? :rofl::rofl::t:

Hopefully whoever you are referring to will ignore you up in your ivory tower and carry on the discussion as they see fit :D :t:

Of course Danny Ford could put it to bed by announcing this new talent to us this week as it's Christmas near enough.

Going to miss trawling through the POL/DK/SWE stats for a clue until then. Of course we can't discount the possibility that an untried Aussie new to these shores could be in the mix (I mean one who has not ridden in Europe).

Must admit I am still not sure if the POL U24 league qualifies as normal league for the 4/5 point discussion as the POL in effect deem it as a junior Lge ??

I just have a small concern about having a rider inexperienced in Lge racing joining our other 2 young reserves and leaving us very exposed.

Anyway we will see hopefully soon.

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

He's already ridden  3 DSL matches

You mean Mikkel Andersen ?.

He has been burning up the SGP3 scene the last 2 seasons winning it in 22 and third in 23. His FB page posts some excellent results.

Looks to have a good future in the sport. Was invited to train with Zielona Gora just before the play off final and is friends with Luke Bekker. His FB comments post a lot of good scores and did plenty of racing around Europe incl International meetings. Also seems POL teams want him for U24 Lge in 2024.

Could be interesting considering he was only 15 last season. Although not 16 i think until 28th April and already signed in DK for Vojens so possible fixture clashes if going to Poole.

3 hours ago, PTW said:

I’m guessing Bastian pedersen would be in a 5.00 then 

Think he only rode as a junior guest. Would that really make him a 15 year old under aged 5 pointer rather than a 4. Personally I question that. Are we really saying that if a young rider raced 1 ride as a 15 year old he now qualifies as a 5 ??.

But if POP is correct we will find out finally this week. If it is him I am sure the Ford's would have clarified the rules well in advance as well as his Danish race dates for Vojens who he will make his Danish Prem first full season with as he turns 16 on 28th April.

Of course I could be wrong and way off the actual  signing :).

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Think he only rode as a junior guest. Would that really make him a 15 year old under aged 5 pointer rather than a 4. Personally I question that. Are we really saying that if a young rider raced 1 ride as a 15 year old he now qualifies as a 5 ??.

But if POP is correct we will find out finally this week. If it is him I am sure the Ford's would have clarified the rules well in advance as well as his Danish race dates for Vojens who he will make his Danish Prem first full season with as he turns 16 on 28th April.

Of course I could be wrong and way off the actual  signing :).

Fixtures out Tuesday 8am.

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Fixtures out Tuesday 8am.

Well its going to be interesting if it is a young Dane as last signing.

Can see plenty of fixture clashes with say Vojens home fixtures, and considering the away fixtures will also be on Wednesdays as well I wonder how that would play out.

I always thought the Danes have to ride a good percentage of their lge matches in order to qualify for the various National Champs plus also International/SGP 2 and qualifiers.

Also bearing in mind plenty of them are eager to sign up for the POL U24 squads with an eye to the future with the POL Ex Lge Clubs and race on a Tuesday will be interesting.

I'm sure the home work has already been done though.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Well its going to be interesting if it is a young Dane as last signing.

Can see plenty of fixture clashes with say Vojens home fixtures, and considering the away fixtures will also be on Wednesdays as well I wonder how that would play out.

I always thought the Danes have to ride a good percentage of their lge matches in order to qualify for the various National Champs plus also International/SGP 2 and qualifiers.

Also bearing in mind plenty of them are eager to sign up for the POL U24 squads with an eye to the future with the POL Ex Lge Clubs and race on a Tuesday will be interesting.

I'm sure the home work has already been done though.

I am assuming it is a Dane considering July is busy in the fixture list and that is when Denmark have their mini break! 

34 minutes ago, Neila said:

Worky bound rumored  !!!

Plus plenty on the forum insist he is a 5 pointer based on 6 meetings and 23 rides in the POL U24 Lge last season.

Personally I ave my doubts whether 6 meetings in that junior Lge plus the fact in the official POL stats he was classed as unclassified due to riding insufficient meetings makes me think maybe he is not a 5, but a 4. I could of course be wrong but I don't know the full qualifying criteria for this 5 point rule. If he rode only 1 meeting  and had 2 rides does that make him a 5 pointer ??.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Plus plenty on the forum insist he is a 5 pointer based on 6 meetings and 23 rides in the POL U24 Lge last season.

Personally I ave my doubts whether 6 meetings in that junior Lge plus the fact in the official POL stats he was classed as unclassified due to riding insufficient meetings makes me think maybe he is not a 5, but a 4. I could of course be wrong but I don't know the full qualifying criteria for this 5 point rule. If he rode only 1 meeting  and had 2 rides does that make him a 5 pointer ??.

Yep 

• Like 1