British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

15 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

The other being a 4.00 pointer 

Believe 4.20 left if the others are as rumoured.

My thoughts are : If they got Zische reduced to 4 based on circumstances last season then my first choice. Would not surprise me if they gave Declan Kennedy a try as never rode UK. Could well come over with his older brother Zaine and they lodge together plus help each other at their respective Clubs. Similar to what the Cook Bros have done.

If it comes down to saving cost maybe they will go Nielsen or Starke but neither really going forward and Nielson especially injury prone.

Joe Thompson on 3.51 after Brit reduction may be risky as team would be  0.69 below an already low 38 point limit plus exposes us at the bottom end.

Besides that only leaves Hook/Borke/Pearson. Or another young Aussie but some of them have raced full POL U24 in last 1/2 seasons, so I assume they get a 5 so excluded. The Poles are very switched on to rising Aussie talent and quickly sign them up for the POL Extra Lge u24 teams flying them over and looking after them. They not only race but get lots of additional training on good tracks.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Skidder1 said:

Nice to see Josh Grajczonek winning the Queensland senior 500cc title at the weekend from Zischke, and the 2 Kennedys!  Tate Zischke winning the U.21 title!

Saw on the forum recently a poster comment about maybe Josh returning to UK (Poole ??). May have been a tongue in cheek comment.

When looking up for info on Zischke via Youtube 2/3 weeks back found a recent meeting for 2023, where Josh rode and completely outclassed the other riders. Looked like he had never been away.

Next I saw he won the above which I assume helps him in getting a Visa to ride in UK if he chose. Believe they were the rules a few years ago from memory, that you had to be placed in a State meeting to help qualify for one.

Can't sign a POL contract this late (as window closed) but suppose a doubling up in UK possible if he has set sights on a return to UK ??. Unless just keeping his hand in at riding in Aussie.

Personally thought he had stopped riding but sure looked quick in races I saw in. Last rode Champ in 2017 with a final GSA of 9.47. (No idea if any reduction for being away 6 years).

My over active mind says Lawson loan to Workington (with his family connection) with Josh to Poole but at 0.77 higher than Lawson would tie up nearly a point more with the lower 38 point limit.

Of course could still double up but with other clubs or it may just me overthinking it :wink:

30 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Saw on the forum recently a poster comment about maybe Josh returning to UK (Poole ??). May have been a tongue in cheek comment.

When looking up for info on Zischke via Youtube 2/3 weeks back found a recent meeting for 2023, where Josh rode and completely outclassed the other riders. Looked like he had never been away.

Next I saw he won the above which I assume helps him in getting a Visa to ride in UK if he chose. Believe they were the rules a few years ago from memory, that you had to be placed in a State meeting to help qualify for one.

Can't sign a POL contract this late (as window closed) but suppose a doubling up in UK possible if he has set sights on a return to UK ??. Unless just keeping his hand in at riding in Aussie.

Personally thought he had stopped riding but sure looked quick in races I saw in. Last rode Champ in 2017 with a final GSA of 9.47. (No idea if any reduction for being away 6 years).

My over active mind says Lawson loan to Workington (with his family connection) with Josh to Poole but at 0.77 higher than Lawson would tie up nearly a point more with the lower 38 point limit.

Of course could still double up but with other clubs or it may just me overthinking it :wink:

Lawson doesn't get on with his dad, so I think that's a no go 

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I wonder who the one with the problem is , as most people in speedway think Steve Lawson is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

True what you say about Steve. On Richard I've known him all of his life and have never found him anything other than polite and friendly.

• Like 1