British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why wouldnt he stay at Belle Vue with the Aussie  Team Manager?

But if they were to take the plunge, I'm sure it would be at Poole with Middlo, why wouldn't he 

Just now, BackInTheDHSS said:

Bigger club and a better race track.

Race track definitely better, but Poole are up there with the big clubs, steeped in history,just like Belle Vue 

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If Premiership fixtures were on Wednesdays and 2025 were to be Poole's final season and Matt sold the chateau then it might be an option? But it won't.

Imo the issues that Premiership teams are experiencing this season, with foreign riders not turning up or feigning injury despite riding abroad the day before a UK fixture will only get worse.

Also all the youngsters and newcomers attending this season (I bring 4 newbies as well as my usual 5!) don't have a clue about 'top' riders, or who rode in the past or the difference between Prem and Champs!  They simply want to shout and wave and get behind the guys in the red and blue helmet colours!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt it would bankrupt the club at all. But it might mean Ford makes a bit less profit. He might make the same or even a bit more. Would he chance that for his loyal fans, if they wanted Prem. I have my doubts.

Having spoken to Danny about this at length, he did say the extra costs could bankrupt the club and he is not prepared to do that.

2 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Having spoken to Danny about this at length, he did say the extra costs could bankrupt the club and he is not prepared to do that.

I thought you were doing very well, with really good crowds. Maybe not as well as some say.

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought you were doing very well, with really good crowds. Maybe not as well as some say.

They are, but also getting stitched up by the landlord on an annual basis.

If the Prem was to move to Wednesday nights then things might change. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Crowd was very good against Glasgow. Viewing by bends 1 and 2 very busy! Maybe the costs between the two leagues have increased even more? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Poole won't be moving up sadly, but my concern for the business model next season will likely see lesser quality come to the tapes as we have to let riders go due to the team average. IF that does happen I already know a few that won't be attending, over the past 2 years I have seen our group who attend dropped by 8 people! the reason not interested in going to watch Poole in the championship which I respect as their decision and choose to part their money into other activities in the BCP area.

Each to their own but are these people cutting off their nose to spite their face? Averages are an abstract concept that don't actually make that much difference on track. There has been some good racing and obviously excellent results so what's not to like?

Guys going round fractions of a second faster don't necessarily mean it's a better product!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Crowd was very good against Glasgow. Viewing by bends 1 and 2 very busy! Maybe the costs between the two leagues have increased even more? 

They have.  The influx of GP riders has increased Premiership clubs' costs alarmingly. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

They have.  The influx of GP riders has increased Premiership clubs' costs alarmingly. 

That does depend which club, Sheffield aren't paying stupid wages to the Holders or Tai as aren't Belle Vue for their top 2. Ipswich yes and Birmingham for Freddie but it isn't a massive rise.

Ipswich main sponsor I understand cover the costs for Doyle and Emil.

Costs have gone up but we have more money in sponsors and tv on the table compared to 5 years ago and that is set to increase in 2025.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

6 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Poole will be a big fish in a small pond and stay in the championship FACT

Poole are big fish, irrespective of what league they ride in. 🐟

• Like 1

Options for Poole of Foord isn't fit for the play-offs, BSN, KOC (or at least part of them) Killeen (not play-offs) Roynon (if fit) Hook, Baek (if he gets a new average) Trigger, Coles, Pijper & Starke.

Depends if averages fit in September for some (Killeen, Hook).

Edited by szkocjasid

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Options for Poole of Foord isn't fit for the play-offs, BSN, KOC (or at least part of them) Killeen (not play-offs) Roynon (if fit) Hook, Baek (if he gets a new average) Trigger, Coles, Pijper & Starke.

Depends if averages fit in September for some (Killeen, Hook).

....and Perry.

I predict Vinnie will be back for the play offs!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1