British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Massive shame Steve if confirmed. Club will be I’m sure will be looking around for a decent 4.00 rider that will come in and strengthen the team, especially as Sam and Tobias are off the pace at the moment. 

How? We must have done 75% of our meetings if people saying Oxford have and we have done one more meeting than them according to the league table. So will have to be guests. 

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Injury replacement I thought was allowed?

Redcar can't replace Bailey (I know he's temp quit, but should amount to the same thing??).

• Like 1

Ben Cook scored 13+1(5) in Leszno's final league meeting of the season. I'm not sure if Leszno are involved in the play offs?

https://ekstraliga.pl/en/se/match/4857

Well done Ben, he's had a fantastic season in Poland. 

If u click on his name in the scorecard u will see his stats for the season.

Excellent 👍 

Just hope we hang on to him next season.

Edited by lbw

38 minutes ago, lbw said:

Ben Cook scored 13+1(5) in Leszno's final league meeting of the season. I'm not sure if Leszno are involved in the play offs?

https://ekstraliga.pl/en/se/match/4857

Well done Ben, he's had a fantastic season in Poland. 

If u click on his name in the scorecard u will see his stats for the season.

Excellent 👍 

Just hope we hang on to him next season.

I think we need to move up to have any chance of keeping him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Correct, can’t have a potential GP rider in the lower leagues.

Funnily enough i would agree with you. But, im not sure both Matt and Dan would want to move back up, unless, 2-3 more clubs joined the top league. Then, it would become viable .

1 hour ago, Catalan said:

Keep saying it but can't see them wanting to move back up and bankrupting the club

Believe me if Poole are struggling, well around 12 clubs won't be coming to the tapes next season! 

Poole are making a 'business decision' based on maxing profits, which as a business model makes sense. 

Massive potential to attract more NEW sponsors to the club in the area, which would allow us to move up. Personally for me we pay £19 all other clubs in the champ are £20.00/Glasgow is £22.00 for a grandstand seat that I used a few weeks back.

Put those costs against Oxford Premiership team £22.00 or Sheffield £23.00 to watch some of the GP riders. Not a massive amount in it and a higher level of rider to watch.

Poole won't be moving up sadly, but my concern for the business model next season will likely see lesser quality come to the tapes as we have to let riders go due to the team average. IF that does happen I already know a few that won't be attending, over the past 2 years I have seen our group who attend dropped by 8 people! the reason not interested in going to watch Poole in the championship which I respect as their decision and choose to part their money into other activities in the BCP area.

Everyone has an opinion on this and mine will always be, the fanbase and sponsors Poole have they should be sitting at the top table of British Speedway as they did from 1997-2019.

But it wont be happening! Poole will be championship in 2025. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catalan said:

Keep saying it but can't see them wanting to move back up and bankrupting the club

I doubt it would bankrupt the club at all. But it might mean Ford makes a bit less profit. He might make the same or even a bit more. Would he chance that for his loyal fans, if they wanted Prem. I have my doubts.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Exactly! 

If Premiership fixtures were on Wednesdays and 2025 were to be Poole's final season and Matt sold the chateau then it might be an option? But it won't.

Imo the issues that Premiership teams are experiencing this season, with foreign riders not turning up or feigning injury despite riding abroad the day before a UK fixture will only get worse.

• Like 2