British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

6 hours ago, poole keith said:

That's really the problem this season there isn't another 2nd div team who have 3 heat leaders of similar standard to  lawson,brennan and cook so it's more like a procession than a "wow".obviously the top division is better silly to say otherwise. Think for non speedway related reasons it suits the promoter at the moment  to make decent relatively 'easy money " in the championship. 

Keith is one Poole supporter that doesn't own a pair of the blue tints. Even in the Prem years. I remember well. Imho Ford will do what makes him the most money.

29 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Only you could agree with the Poole fans and think the Championship is better than the Premiership. 

I live inside your head so much that you'd argue the sky was green if I said it was blue. 

Northern Lights!

Edited by lbw

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lovely blue skies in Poole today - again. Track work being done all day long. Loads of water been put down and still going.

I arrived at 315 and all systems ready to watch the action :t:

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Keith is one Poole supporter that doesn't own a pair of the blue tints. Even in the Prem years. I remember well. Imho Ford will do what makes him the most money.

Why would Ford do any thing else, makes sense.Plenty Clubs pay money that the can’t afford which is not sensible.IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yep, cost being the main reason and racing on your preferred raceday.

Ps. No crashes at Cowley then??!!

Pps. What are the odds of Oxford NOT doing all 3 leagues in 2025.

I'd say it's pretty likely Oxford will be doing all three again. Crowds are very good, fans seem to like the regular weekly racing and I imagine the money is pouring in. If they were to drop one - I'd imagine it would be the Championship that goes, but I doubt (and very much hope) that will not happen.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why would Ford do any thing else,why would he do any thing else.

With the crowds they get according to some on here for a 2nd tier team, why wouldn't you run in the Prem, and give the fans some top riders to watch. It seems that he would rather run Weds in the Champ, and make a bit more money, than ride Prem, still make money, but not as much, than give his loyal supporters a top tier team. He could do another poll i guess ;). Just an outsiders humble opinion of course.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Come on everyone, this has to be the most pointless argument I've ever seen in the forum, from seemingly the most innocuous of posts.

If Skidder1 is happy watching Championship racing at Poole then good for him.

If others think Premiership racing with Emil is better so they go watch that, then good for them.

These are opinions, there is no right or wrong answer. I've seen both good & bad matches at all levels of the sport. I've seen people saying the SON at Belle Vue was amazing, I thought it was almost a bore fest & seen far better racing round there. I know someone who prefers the racing at Armadale to Scunthorpe, which I find astonishing.

I just fail to see why people are arguing over this?

Well said! Everyone has a personal preference. I will always go to Poole every meeting but I prefer the racing at Oxford at Prem level, it’s more competitive I personally think. I have also seen Poole at Oxford and it’s clear which meetings the main supports attend, they support the Premiership with crowd numbers compared to Champ. 
Went to watch Sheffield at Oxford with Tai and the Holder brothers that brought a very healthy crowd, Ipswich obviously do too with Emil and Doyle (when fit)

The more GP riders come back and world stars the more people will go to those tracks and watch. 

• Like 1

Why would you change your business model to make less money? 
Don’t forget Poole Speedway is the Ford’s main business. It’s not like they have another business which pumps money into the speedway to subsidise it like other promotions may have. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Only you could agree with the Poole fans and think the Championship is better than the Premiership. 

I live inside your head so much that you'd argue the sky was green if I said it was blue. 

HaHa, You would argue with anyone or anybody who saw it differently to you, You were the one complaining about the quality of your premiership side just a few short weeks ago, you post so much drivel on here that you have probably forgotten muppet.

• Like 1

Just now, Toady said:

HaHa, You would argue with anyone or anybody who saw it differently to you, You were the one complaining about the quality of your premiership side just a few short weeks ago, you post so much drivel on here that you have probably forgotten muppet.

Do you dream of me at night? :D

2 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Why would you change your business model to make less money
Don’t forget Poole Speedway is the Ford’s main business. It’s not like they have another business which pumps money into the speedway to subsidise it like other promotions may have. 

Is it not his Chateau that he does well with?. I genuinely don't know.  

"Why would you change your business model to make less money?" I just wonder if he would go Prem if the  loyal fans wanted it, and make a bit less, and give something back for many years of loyal support. If the fans wanted it, of course.

9 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well said! Everyone has a personal preference. I will always go to Poole every meeting but I prefer the racing at Oxford at Prem level, it’s more competitive I personally think. I have also seen Poole at Oxford and it’s clear which meetings the main supports attend, they support the Premiership with crowd numbers compared to Champ. 
Went to watch Sheffield at Oxford with Tai and the Holder brothers that brought a very healthy crowd, Ipswich obviously do too with Emil and Doyle (when fit)

The more GP riders come back and world stars the more people will go to those tracks and watch. 

Exactly. A sensible take on the situation. 

Think one thing to take into account for 2025, if the points limit is reduced further we will find ourselves 8-10 points over. We could then have to lose Ben & Tom - Richard May stay etc, is that good for the supports and club? New faces will of course come in and replace them but at a less quality to the riders who have potentially left. Bottom line is the team average will stay the same or reduce so we will need to lose 2 more out our current top 4. Ben and Tom may decide to go Premiership only in 2025.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Sizzling day in Poole today. Hot with cloudless skies. Luckily no wind. Hell of a chore spending the whole day watering. Free beers the order of the day for track staff.

8 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Apart from a few  GP sooperstars aren't the majority of the riders the same in the PL as the CL :-) doubling up or doubling down whatever its called this season?

That's a bit of a myth. As somebody pointed out earlier, there are quite a few Premiership riders not in the Championship.

Edit: I've had a look and just over half don't ride in the Champ (26 out of 49 in the latest declared line-ups).

Bewley, Blodorn, Kurtz, Lidsey, Lampart, Lindgren, Pawlicki, Doyle, Ellis, Rew, Sayfutdinov, Iversen, Klindt, Kvech, Rowe, Wojdylo, Becker, Douglas, Fricke, Janowski, Riss, Tungate, C.Holder, J.Holder, Howarth, Woffinden

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Think one thing to take into account for 2025, if the points limit is reduced further we will find ourselves 8-10 points over. We could then have to lose Ben & Tom - Richard May stay etc, is that good for the supports and club? New faces will of course come in and replace them but at a less quality to the riders who have potentially left. Bottom line is the team average will stay the same or reduce so we will need to lose 2 more out our current top 4. Ben and Tom may decide to go Premiership only in 2025.

May have to get Kyle and Anders back.

56 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Why would you change your business model to make less money? 

Don't forget the chateau 

• Like 1