British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So before anyone says anything, we have the 1st leg of the BSN and KO cup at home 

I'd already said something but withdrew me post! :D

Anyways, 24th July Home vs Scunthorpe cup semi

21st August Home vs Workington BSN semi

I've posted the dates as well coz I find this helpful !:D

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So before anyone says anything, we have the 1st leg of the BSN and KO cup at home 

Does it actually say its the 1st Leg in each semi final? or is Poole simply the first to agree their home leg dates? 

Surely Worky and Scunny could announce earlier respective dates for their home legs?

Or have I missed something?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Does it actually say its the 1st Leg in each semi final? or is Poole simply the first to agree their home leg dates? 

Surely Worky and Scunny could announce earlier respective dates for their home legs?

Doesn't say 1st leg. Think the Scunthorpe one will be though going on what I've heard about them wanting to run their league meetings first.

But good question to ask Arthur as he seems to av that information from somewhere??

Edited by lbw

And for those having any concerns I had 2 flat white's this morning coz I was pondering a week and a half without any speedway to go to. 

Soon be Plymouth home & Redcar away 

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It doesn't say if it is the 1st or 2nd legs, just that Poole have agreed there home legs 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lbw said:

Doesn't say 1st leg. Think the Scunthorpe one will be though going on what I've heard about them wanting to run their league meetings first.

But good question to ask Arthur as he seems to av that information from somewhere??

All the fixtures coming up at home are on the Poole pirates speedway Facebook page .

Quiet a few flat whites coming up in July/ August I think 

Edited by Arthur54

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That's the point of the link. You read that so I don't have to post the info that is already on there!! 

The point is not everyone, like me, are on Facebook, twitter etc! 

Edited by lbw

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

All the fixtures coming up at home are on the Poole pirates speedway Facebook page .

Quiet a few flat whites coming up in July/ August I think 

I'm not on Facebook and I'm sure that I'm not the only one! Argggggggggh!

I'd tear me hair out but I'm bald! :lol:

4 hours ago, lbw said:

I don't understand the thinking behind that? Clubs have to race all the meetings, is there an advantage to doing the league before KOC / BSN? Maybe don't want to reach the cut-off date with matches in hand is the only reason I can think of.

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Probably because they realise having the first leg at home is an advantage lol!

I'm joking before anyone gets upset, there's no advantage either way.

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tom Brennan took a right purler tonight at Brum. He got up after a couple of. Ins. Hope he’s OK and nothing serious.

Yep, hope he's ok :t:

13 minutes ago, lbw said:

I'm not on Facebook and I'm sure that I'm not the only one! Argggggggggh!

I'd tear me hair out but I'm bald! :lol:

Well you are missing out! There is an unofficial Poole banter page which is good for updates on Poole riders etc. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Probably because they realise having the first leg at home is an advantage lol!

I'm joking before anyone gets upset, there's no advantage either way.

Psychological advantage to having the first leg first imo. As long as you win the home leg of course! 

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tom Brennan took a right purler tonight at Brum. He got up after a couple of. Ins. Hope he’s OK and nothing serious.

Updates said he came off and his bike rebounded off the fence and landed on his chest!! Painful!! I didn't watch on BSN and have not yet heard anything this morning.

Edited by Skidder1

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford quoted in the local Echo saying he has no info on any dates for the respective away legs!

Clubs should be given so many days to arrange dates. Say 7 days to arrange the meeting but the meeting can be held outside of the 7 days.