British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I shall attend. Good fun trying to pick out which ones have a future and which will fall by the wayside. Decent value as well.

If I attend I get in free as I'm a WSRA member :t:

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ive a feeling that NDL riders champs takes precedence over other fixtures.....At £15 its better priced than the U21's and probably more open/competitive......Would have to think that Hagon is favourite though which might add a few more undecided home fans.

Max Perry will probably get a chance too! Maybe even Vinnie Foord as one of the wild cards (he was certainly 'wild' at Poole's last home meeting)!!:rofl:

45 minutes ago, lbw said:

If I attend I get in free as I'm a WSRA member :t:

i need to confirm if that's the case for this meeting, it might only be league meetings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Max Perry will probably get a chance too! Maybe even Vinnie Foord as one of the wild cards (he was certainly 'wild' at Poole's last home meeting)!!:rofl:

I like Vinnie but he is absolutely over riding at the moment and that never ends well. 

As for the line up top tow by averages plus Foord, James, A.Pijper and S.McGurk would be a cracking lineup. Genuinely hope that its very close to that to be come a well supported event but sadly in speedway its often not the case

48 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

One for the rulebook experts

If you have a rider called up to ride in this meeting and also have a league match the same day are the team entitled to

A guest, R/R or an NDL guest not riding in the Championship

Didn't it come up last year, Oxford organised a meeting same day as Ndl riders and Atkins boughen and maybe mulford were going to get 14 day bans if rode for Oxford? Think in end both might've been rained off

20 hours ago, stevehone said:

i need to confirm if that's the case for this meeting, it might only be league meetings

Good point, although in the paperwork it says 'all NDL meetings' without specifying league meetings only. 

In the National League section of this forum there is a debate going on as to whether this meeting is a 'one-off Grand Final' as Poole have announced or whether its the first round of a Series for NDL riders - with other rounds scheduled for Edinburgh, Leicester etc. later in the season? 

In the National League section of this forum there is a debate going on as to whether this meeting is a 'one-off Grand Final' as Poole have announced or whether its the first round of a Series for NDL riders - with other rounds scheduled for Edinburgh, Leicester etc. later in the season? 

It is crystal ciear:

It is the NDLRC per Poole website (must be true?)

The BSPL website says it is an NDL series round (in two separate places) - so doubly true.

...  or maybe not?

I don't know.

... ask me again on 27th June

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2024 at 1:34 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I like Vinnie but he is absolutely over riding at the moment and that never ends well. 

As for the line up top tow by averages plus Foord, James, A.Pijper and S.McGurk would be a cracking lineup. Genuinely hope that its very close to that to be come a well supported event but sadly in speedway its often not the case

You like me have seen Foord at Arlington and Kent since he was tiny, has always over riden from day one and at times  didn't end well, looks like that's just the way he rides I suppose. 

• Like 1

Can't understand how this meeting has been arranged at short notice when Oxford v worky has been a fixture since start of the season,  potentially Oxford could be missing 2 riders and worky 1  imo not fair on these teams to be missing riders

54 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can't understand how this meeting has been arranged at short notice when Oxford v worky has been a fixture since start of the season,  potentially Oxford could be missing 2 riders and worky 1  imo not fair on these teams to be missing riders

As the Poole announcement states, they were hoping to host either the BSN series semi-final or the KO Cup meeting on 26th but neither opponents would play ball!!

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Blame Scunny, there is no reason I can see why they couldn't come on 26th. 

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As the Poole announcement states, they were hoping to host either the BSN series semi-final or the KO Cup meeting on 26th but neither opponents would play ball!!

How can one of the opponent play ball when they have a scheduled league meeting at Oxford :unsure:

1 hour ago, Neila said:

That was only for the one-off NLRC.  It's very unlikely that it will be applicable for the various rounds of the series. 

38 minutes ago, Neila said:

How can one of the opponent play ball when they have a scheduled league meeting at Oxford :unsure:

Workington riding that night, but Scunthorpe aren't 

Typical Poole fan thinking Workington are not playing ball by cancelling their trip to Oxford and riding at Poole instead. Naughty Workington!

• Haha 1