British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Richard, Ben,Zach,Anders,Kyle, Max, Sam.

OK, so no Joe T then, but I think that makes the team weaker with Zach as 3rd heat leader.

I think there is more improvement in Zach and Toby as 2nd strings than Anders and Kyle.    Just my opinion.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

OK, so no Joe T then, but I think that makes the team weaker with Zach as 3rd heat leader.

I think there is more improvement in Zach and Toby as 2nd strings than Anders and Kyle.    Just my opinion.

Yes just my opinion Kyle and Rowe would be better, Tom could make up for Tobias overall but we still need Tobias to score points against his opposing number 2.

Just found this link for Tobias Thomsen from a meeting in Summer 23. Was round 8 of the Div 1 Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyLXCdCwj

If you can cut though the adverts worth seeing if you speed up between racing. He appears in the first race and wins. Shame he had bike problems at the tapes just before last race and had to switch to his second (and definitely slower) second bike. Was fast out the gate in his races, which with Poole favoring gaters, could be an advantage when he is racing against some of the other lower point riders.

Maybe it was this meeting that the Ford's saw what he could achieve in a weaker Champ in UK in 2024.

I may have been a bit harsh earlier, but we will see.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just found this link for Tobias Thomsen from a meeting in Summer 23. Was round 8 of the Div 1 Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyLXCdCwj

If you can cut though the adverts worth seeing if you speed up between racing. He appears in the first race and wins. Shame he had bike problems at the tapes just before last race and had to switch to his second (and definitely slower) second bike. Was fast out the gate in his races, which with Poole favoring gaters, could be an advantage when he is racing against some of the other lower point riders.

Maybe it was this meeting that the Ford's saw what he could achieve in a weaker Champ in UK in 2024.

I may have been a bit harsh earlier, but we will see.

You can't sign someone on the basis of one meeting, I hope I am wrong about him, time will tell.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You can't sign someone on the basis of one meeting, I hope I am wrong about him, time will tell.

I'm sure the Fords haven't made the decision based on 1 meeting, they will have had recommendations from contacts in Denmark, they would have looked at his performance over the whole season, etc 

6 hours ago, PTW said:

Think tbh we will see from the first 6-7 weeks how good he is,we still have an option to get someone before his average went down if that is the case you would imagine,think the top 4 is strong enough to win us matches just the million dollar question will Tobias hold his own…

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Will his average go down?   Won't he be stuck at 4.00 forever?

Thomsen can't drop below 4.00, which should suit Poole tbh. If he's awful, they can replace him with another 4.00 rider (& repeat till they find a good one).

Even if he's riding to a 3.00 ave & Hagon goes up to 3.99, Hagon could replace him in every match as he'd still be at reserve!

24 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I'm sure the Fords haven't made the decision based on 1 meeting, they will have had recommendations from contacts in Denmark, they would have looked at his performance over the whole season, etc 

No of course not, they will have based on contacts and their own views on his ability but it seems a hopeful signing.