British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

Season Ticket prices announced this evening. Cheapest so far of those clubs that have confirmed theirs.

£189 for 11 meetings (£159 Concessions - 65+) and you get a guaranteed seat in the main grandstand for that!:t:

Not forgetting 10% off merchandise in the track shop and the usual invitation to the Club's P&P.

And Zach Cook returns!!!:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Season Ticket prices announced this evening. Cheapest so far of those clubs that have confirmed theirs.

£189 for 11 meetings (£159 Concessions - 65+) and you get a guaranteed seat in the main grandstand for that!:t:

Not forgetting 10% off merchandise in the track shop and the usual invitation to the Club's P&P.

That is good value TBH

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And Zach Cook returns!!!:D

1 minute ago, Normski said:

That is good value TBH

You’re right it is. Fair play to Poole for those prices. 

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

6.21 for the last 2 riders, max is a 2pointer,so 4.21 for final rider. I have no idea who it will be. 

It's Ondrej Smetana. 

BSPL gave given him a 16% reduction as he's been locked in Bournemouth Airport Arrivals awaiting clearance for 30 months. 

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Think Poole are going to have the best top 4 in the league. Expect them all to hit 8 point averages in a weaker league.

I think Oxford and Redcar will get off to strong starts as they don't have many changes. But barring any injuries we should just improve as the season goes on imo. 

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It's a new-to-UK 4.00 rider.

Have been checking various young rider Euro stats for possible clues. Trying to avoid those who have ridden regularly in Europe or have done near enough season long racing in POL or POL U24 and other Euro leagues. The latter would be on a 5 which too high.

Sure there must be some criteria that a rider has had to have ridden X number of meetings to have been upgraded from a 4 to a 5.

Are we in effect saying that if we are signing a European/Scandinvian young rider then he need to have not raced in any League to qualify for a 4 ??. If that's the case then who can it be as it would be like signing a third junior on top of Perry/Hagon.

Just an aside footnote. Tate Zischke was my choice of rider but many say he would be on 5 due to his 6 meetings in POL U24 last season. Just saw in POL article today he is not named as one of the riders for the Aussie Champ or even as wild card or reserve over the 5 meetings. He was named as one of the main field in previous releases in POL & Aus Oct/Nov. Bowes and Pearson are named with west as Wild Card. I wonder why ??

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just an aside footnote. Tate Zischke was my choice of rider but many say he would be on 5 due to his 6 meetings in POL U24 last season. Just saw in POL article today he is not named as one of the riders for the Aussie Champ or even as wild card or reserve over the 5 meetings. He was named as one of the main field in previous releases in POL & Aus Oct/Nov. Bowes and Pearson are named with west as Wild Card. I wonder why ??

In Australia, riders have to nominate themselves to contest any of the MA events.        You don't nominate, you don't ride.