British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

23 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Saw on the forum recently a poster comment about maybe Josh returning to UK (Poole ??). May have been a tongue in cheek comment.

When looking up for info on Zischke via Youtube 2/3 weeks back found a recent meeting for 2023, where Josh rode and completely outclassed the other riders. Looked like he had never been away.

Next I saw he won the above which I assume helps him in getting a Visa to ride in UK if he chose. Believe they were the rules a few years ago from memory, that you had to be placed in a State meeting to help qualify for one.

Can't sign a POL contract this late (as window closed) but suppose a doubling up in UK possible if he has set sights on a return to UK ??. Unless just keeping his hand in at riding in Aussie.

Personally thought he had stopped riding but sure looked quick in races I saw in. Last rode Champ in 2017 with a final GSA of 9.47. (No idea if any reduction for being away 6 years).

My over active mind says Lawson loan to Workington (with his family connection) with Josh to Poole but at 0.77 higher than Lawson would tie up nearly a point more with the lower 38 point limit.

Of course could still double up but with other clubs or it may just me overthinking it :wink:

When Crump was coming back for Ipswich in 2019, he was coming back from a time away with an 8.40 average. He then missed another full year, as did everyone else,  but got a reduction dropping him to an 8, converted to 12 as Plymouth wanted him in the Championship. I am sure with Poole's connections, Josh would get a reduction. B)

BTW, keep your hands off Zaine & Declan. :angry::D  

Edited by IronScorpion

17 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

When Crump was coming back for Ipswich in 2019, he was coming back from a time away with an 8.40 average. He then missed another full year, as did everyone else,  but got a reduction dropping him to an 8, converted to 12 as Plymouth wanted him in the Championship. I am sure with Poole's connections, Josh would get a reduction. B)

BTW, keep your hands off Zaine & Declan. :angry::D  

:D No - Wasn't referring to Zaine being at Poole. Only an option maybe for Declan.

I agree though would make a lot of sense for both to ride at one club similar to the Cook's. If i recall from the past didn't Zaine stay up that way as his base for UK making it sense if they both stay together like the Cook's did which worked well at Poole.

Handy having Middleditch having lodging available which has worked well for Poole's young Aussies over the years.

40 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

:D No - Wasn't referring to Zaine being at Poole. Only an option maybe for Declan.

I agree though would make a lot of sense for both to ride at one club similar to the Cook's. If i recall from the past didn't Zaine stay up that way as his base for UK making it sense if they both stay together like the Cook's did which worked well at Poole.

Handy having Middleditch having lodging available which has worked well for Poole's young Aussies over the years.

It also provides workshop and overnight facilities for many visiting riders - and those passing through!!

PS. 'Exciting Special announcement' by Danny Ford on the evening of Friday 8th December!!

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It also provides workshop and overnight facilities for many visiting riders - and those passing through!!

PS. 'Exciting Special announcement' by Danny Ford on the evening of Friday 8th December!!

Is that Tom Brennan signing 

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes - Middlo really is an asset to the sport. Not only an excellent Manager for many years but the way he has supported riders (especially young Aussies new to our shores).  

Maybe a slight shame that Danny's special announcement maybe slightly tempered by some of the forum contributors having worked out the likely signing of Brennan, coupled with Lisa's post about Brennan posting on X  the closing date for his final club naming date in Champ for his win a beanie competition, which coincides with Danny to make a special announcement on the 8th. Could be wrong of course and it may be totally unrelated.

Must admit I am more interested in our 4 point signing now as the other 6 seem to be known by either shrewd select posters in the know or good guessers of the team for 2024 ;)

18 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes - Middlo really is an asset to the sport. Not only an excellent Manager for many years but the way he has supported riders (especially young Aussies new to our shores).  

Maybe a slight shame that Danny's special announcement maybe slightly tempered by some of the forum contributors having worked out the likely signing of Brennan, coupled with Lisa's post about Brennan posting on X  the closing date for his final club naming date in Champ for his win a beanie competition, which coincides with Danny to make a special announcement on the 8th. Could be wrong of course and it may be totally unrelated.

Must admit I am more interested in our 4 point signing now as the other 6 seem to be known by either shrewd select posters in the know or good guessers of the team for 2024 ;)

It may not be a rider announcement?!;)

19 minutes ago, Catalan said:

I was told there was an announcement.

Unfortunately we are already out so have had to turn down invitation

The exact wording in Danny Ford's email to sponsors is :-  "Exciting Special Announcement" to be made!

It could be a rider, it could be about the future of the stadium, it could be a new Sponsor, it could be a new additional co-promoter? Anything is possible! ;);)

Edited by Skidder1

I no it’s not really my place, but I hope it’s positive news about your stadium, riders come and go but Wimborne road is iconic and needs to remain a speedway stadium. I have good memories of many many years ago playing football there and it having Astro turf for corners because of the shape in the beazer homes league, unfortunately the dogs went, the football moved but the speedway needs to stay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I no it’s not really my place, but I hope it’s positive news about your stadium, riders come and go but Wimborne road is iconic and needs to remain a speedway stadium. I have good memories of many many years ago playing football there and it having Astro turf for corners because of the shape in the beazer homes league, unfortunately the dogs went, the football moved but the speedway needs to stay.

So true speedway needs to stay

22 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Yup we had to take the corners up for matches.