British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

Not sure if Tate Zischke will be at Poole, but he had a nightmare NSW U21 meeting having won it easily last year.

Won his first ride and was just ahead in his second when another rider lost control sending him into a crashing fall where he looked hurt. he made restart after a delay but didn't look right and finished second, His bike also looked slower than usual. Had 2 falls (one in B final) and ef plus bike didn't look so fast, The heavy fall in his second ride didn't help. It's the Aussie U21 final in 2 weeks where he will meet Rew again as last year. Let's hope he recoveRs fully and sorts engine/s out by then.

You can see the crash on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xgkKOXwIw

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not sure if Tate Zischke will be at Poole, but he had a nightmare NSW U21 meeting having won it easily last year.

Won his first ride and was just ahead in his second when another rider lost control sending him into a crashing fall where he looked hurt. he made restart after a delay but didn't look right and finished second, His bike also looked slower than usual. Had 2 falls (one in B final) and ef plus bike didn't look so fast, The heavy fall in his second ride didn't help. It's the Aussie U21 final in 2 weeks where he will meet Rew again as last year. Let's hope he recoveRs fully and sorts engine/s out by then.

You can see the crash on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xgkKOXwIw

That looked a sore one. No wonder he was tentative in the B-final. Great ride by Hook to take the win in the final. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It reads as though you didn't think much of those riders!

Again…..what does what you think I think of those four riders got to do with my answer to the question allthegearbutnaeidea  asked?  Did YOU think there was anyone else “of note” in the line up?

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Again…..what does what you think I think of those four riders got to do with my answer to the question allthegearbutnaeidea  asked?  Did YOU think there was anyone else “of note” in the line up?

Not like you are sticking to the thread topic anyway! So you can't really complain about it imo. 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not if we are having Tom Brennan as there would only be 4.16 left and pretty sure Jack's average is higher than that. 

Maybe it could be reassessed as he missed last season and a big chunk of 2022. 

Best interests of the sport and helping a British lad find a way back into the game.

Would probably need another rule in the ever thickening book saying British riders who miss a season due to injury are entitled to a certain percentage reduction of their average.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

That’s a choice remark coming from a Poole fan lisa…..lol.   Yet again……I was only answering someone’s question but so sorry if I upset you. 

I just thought it was funny that you were going on at Skidder for not keeping on the subject you were discussing whilst also not doing the same on the thread :D

• Like 1

With the rumour that San Hagon maybe coming to Poole in 2024, found this interesting little article posted on Australia Speedway site in last few days.

Exciting British youngster Sam Hagon will be joining Mildura’s Olympic Park Speedway ranks during the upcoming summer to further develop his racing talents.

Hagon will follow in the footsteps of riders such as Dan Bewley and Tom Brennan who were summer residents at Olympic Park.

Hagon has had a great year in 2023 representing the Birmingham Brummies with local star Justin Sedgmen and picking up the Rider of the Year trophy competing with the Belle Vue Colts.

Mildura looks forward to seeing Sam in action at the Jason Lyons Solo Trophy on Tuesday December 26th (Boxing Day).

A long way to go but obviously they feel he is one with potential to be mentioned in the same breath as Bewley & Brennan.