British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think TZ would've made his UK debut last season had he not took a serious tumble just prior ..... (head injury etc...)

Going from reviews, he looks set to be the next best thing to come out of Oz?

pretty sure he was included in one teams line up before his crash and then  tried to get him when he was back riding but were  told he would be a 5 point rider dew to him now riding under 24 league ,will jack thomas get a reduction dew to being out for a year 

Edited by mac101

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kyle’s been a great servant for Poole and still got what it takes. He can pop out and take some big scalps when not expected. A shame he doesn’t fit the jigsaw puzzle. Other clubs will be queuing up to sign him no doubt.

Left it late telling him too, has interest but as another poster pointed out, most teams sorted already..

12 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure he was included in one teams line up before his crash and then  tried to get him when he was back riding but were  told he would be a 5 point rider dew to him now riding under 24 league ,will jack thomas get a reduction dew to being out for a year 

Jack's final GSA was 4.90 less the 2.5% = 4.77 so still 0.57 above what's left IF it is Lawson/Brennan/Both Cook's/Hagon/Perry.

Must admit can't say I am excited at whats left according to the last GSA sheets issued at 4.20 or lower.

Of course we could all be wrong on the anticipated team anyway. Joe thompson for example would be too risky if we have 2 x 2 pointers as well.

These 2 Danny Ford comments shown in the Echo still have me thinking what kind of plans he has.

“We had to adapt to an opportunity that was presented to us and one that we feel would put the club in a stronger position for next year.

We just feel that to give us a better balance and a stronger team for next season, we had to let Anders go unfortunately

Would signing Brennan thus leaving room for 2 x 2 pointers (2.56 & 2.00) and a 4.20 pointer really make us stronger if you discount the likes of Rowe/Newman & Thomas. Unless it is a 4 pointer with an expected impact. I do not class the likes of Nielsen/Starke and also injury history as going forward on that score.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2023 at 8:40 PM, foreverblue said:

So dropped over 2 points off his average in 2 seasons, there is no reason to suggest he can reverse that trend 

Hasn't he had a knee problem these last 2 years? Knocks you mentally & confidence wise!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

What Teams have announced any line ups.Nobody knows what the Teams will look like.At Best most Teams will have a couple of riders signed up.

So, you are saying Kyle is lying, then? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but this whole sub-topic revolves around Kyle's statement today!

Really ,some people need to stop overthinking and give up trying to mind read what other people are thinking.Like I have stated I have NEVER mentioned Kyle.I am not interested in Sub-topics,that’s only your interpretation of Kyles statement.NOT MINE.

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'd have thought Newman was better than Brennan at Poole 

The benefit of Newman would be to allow a better final rider away from home too. 

Brennan was very good in the playoff final, i think he would really kick on riding the Poole track every week 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Really ,some people need to stop overthinking and give up trying to mind read what other people are thinking.Like I have stated I have NEVER mentioned Kyle.I am not interested in Sub-topics,that’s only your interpretation of Kyles statement.NOT MINE.

I get where you are coming from, but maybe people need a greater overview of a topic than just one person's post?

Context is good!:)

Max Perry had massive crash tonight at Oxford tonight

Just copied this from the Leicester page.
Let's hope Max recovers quickly. - 

Just to update. Max is in a bad way. He is talking. Broken wrist, broken fingers, suspected broken ribs, knee, ankle, leg. Off to John Radcliffe he is On Morphine and IV pain relief. 
update From Max's Mum.

• Sad 3