British Speedway Forum

Poole 2024

4 minutes ago, Pinny said:

If I was Poole promoter, I would definitely not want to lose the Cooks but I would be seriously considering signing a new number 1.

It's quite Probable Glasgow have done a deal directly with Plymouth for Zac Cook once Ben Cook decided on the move. Financial would help Plymouth to return in 2024.

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's quite Probable Glasgow have done a deal directly with Plymouth for Zac Cook once Ben Cook decided on the move. Financial would help Plymouth to return in 2024.

True.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Its hilarious how certain Poole fans think no rider would ever want to leave them!

The meltdown if this actually happens would be hilarious! Poole got Lawson for Basso last season maybe Glasgow could throw in Ksiezak for the cooks if he’s still an asset haha.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

You would think rather than Young improving riders like Anders being encouraged to improve as he has, they will in all likelihood find themselves frozen out.

Lowering the points limit will mean young improving British riders like Anders on the 5-6 point average bracket will struggle to find a team spot , madness.

All it Will encourage is other promising riders lucky enough to get a place next season were they will manipulate there average.

No wonder him and Kemp put there eggs in the polish u24 basket nobody wanted either of them until injuries occurred they both improve there average and could perhaps be unemployable crazy really.  

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Its quite probable the Cooks will be at Poole next season.

I agree. 

In the PL! 

I believe Matt will step up to save the PL and the TV money will offset costs of Thursday racing. 

Edited by HGould
Addition

Just now, Weeyin said:

I see the silly season has started, I very much doubt that the Cooks would leave Poole, bet they are both there in 24

Think the only time the Cooks will be at Glasgow is when riding for Poole presuming they stay in the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

££££££££.

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Exactly. And for a change of scenery and to stop the chance of going stale.

And the opportunity to race for the champions, and to ride a vastly superior circuit each week.

• Like 1