British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2024

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That would come in at 36.96, they're not going to pick a team over a point below the limit!

I've never seen the issue with this if they think they the got the right seven riders. Presumably the one 'at risk' would be Heeps but if there is nobody obvious or practical to replace him with then why do it for the sake of it.

Edited by Bagpuss

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I've never seen the issue with this if they think they the got the right seven riders. Presumably the one 'at risk' would be Heeps but if there is nobody obvious or practical to replace him with then why do it gor the sake of it.

They could have Rew instead of Heeps though! As an example, obviously if he got a Danish team might be a bit difficult lol. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They could have Rew instead of Heeps though! As an example, obviously if he got a Danish team might be a bit difficult lol. 

Exactly, hence the 'practical' comment. Or perhaps he's going elsewhere, or is too expensive for the budget etc.

I like the fact this team has four Chargers/NL riders in it. There's a lot of potential in that mooted side with a top two to match any. It's a bit of a blueprint for others.

• Like 2

The reserve pair are almost assured to be Killeen & Boughen with the top two of Nicholls & Masters. Then the remaining trio is the area of discussion, I would like to stick with Jenkins for my first choice. Heeps is a spent force he came as a third heat leader but now struggles at reserve Oxford can't afford that, Atkins is a question mark, it must be said he has ridden some good races this past season but is it enough. I would like to look elsewhere & possibly bring some new talent into the UK.  Casper Hendriksen or Daniel Klima For instance goood young riders for the future or riders that have British experience Kevin Wolbert or Timo Lahti both had fantastic seasons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Technik said:

The reserve pair are almost assured to be Killeen & Boughen with the top two of Nicholls & Masters. Then the remaining trio is the area of discussion, I would like to stick with Jenkins for my first choice. Heeps is a spent force he came as a third heat leader but now struggles at reserve Oxford can't afford that, Atkins is a question mark, it must be said he has ridden some good races this past season but is it enough. I would like to look elsewhere & possibly bring some new talent into the UK.  Casper Hendriksen or Daniel Klima For instance goood young riders for the future or riders that have British experience Kevin Wolbert or Timo Lahti both had fantastic seasons.

A Wednesday track will rule out anyone racing in Danish League.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:40 AM, Technik said:

I'd agree with that, Heeps was at best hit and miss this season yes he pulled a few vital points out of the bag but that only made up for all the 0's or 1's he'd managed at other meetings we can't keep baby sitting him

I'd like to see Jordan back he gave nothing but his all on and off the track this season

24 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Could Oxford be racing in both prem and champ next season. 

that’s the plan, big week ahead 

One thing championship and NDL but Prem and CL ! 

I would have thought the costs would be too prohibitive plus getting the fans to attend in numbers twice a week is a big ask but who knows ?

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Could Oxford be racing in both prem and champ next season. 

that’s the plan, big week ahead 

Had heard this, would be incredibly brave but if the second division team is packed with chargers it could work. Would mean weekly speedway which is what we used to have in the 'good old' days. Of course the million dollar question is can they get enough through the door every week but if they take the plunge I wish them luck. 

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

One thing championship and NDL but Prem and CL ! 

I would have thought the costs would be too prohibitive plus getting the fans to attend in numbers twice a week is a big ask but who knows ?

Let's hope it doesn't hurt them financially. But guess they would have costed it out. Shame they can't do one of the teams under Swindon and get Rosco to TM it.