British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2024

5 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

The tracks done by farmers and not one of the best track curaters there was in johnny swales, like they say " you pay peanuts etc " 

OK makes sense - its a shame to hear that as it was always a track where you knew it was going to be great racing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Boothers said:

Yes, and more rides. Can’t understand the decision  to give Heat 15 to a Guest (Well done though Tate, you did everything asked of you) when you've got a debutant in your team who scored the same amount of points (technically more if you count bonus points) and should be seeing as much track time on his new track as possible.  

Can tell you have never managed a team .There is a bonus point to be claimed so try and score as many points as possible at home ? The team felt he was the best man for the job , so he got it.

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can tell you have never managed a team .There is a bonus point to be claimed so try and score as many points as possible at home ? The team felt he was the best man for the job , so he got it.

Fair enough. I  know nothing.  Obviously after 51 years my thoughts mean nothing.

5 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

The tracks done by farmers and not one of the best track curaters there was in johnny swales, like they say " you pay peanuts etc " 

Sadly it is really showing. Bomber and Wright went backwards when trying to chase?

On a different subject I see Erik Ross scoring rather well again. Really good to see him back to his best. Would love him at Redcar to give Wright a hand at the top end? I can dream....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Ive been kicking a football for 68 years or so, still not very good at it.

you are fighting a lbattle you cannot win , uive it up  . take up cross stitch .

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

After today's performance, I still don't see Redcar making the top 4, but they've probably ensured they don't have to worry about the wooden spoon any more.

Plus the great performance from their top 2, will give them hope for the KOC.

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

After today's performance, I still don't see Redcar making the top 4, but they've probably ensured they don't have to worry about the wooden spoon any more.

Plus the great performance from their top 2, will give them hope for the KOC.

And the Pairs! 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Connor Bailey is sitting the rest of this season out after being withdrawn from the Ben fund yesterday due to mental exhaustion.

Best wishes to him to get back,he has had a season to forget  with nothing going right for him.

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Best wishes to him to get back,he has had a season to forget  with nothing going right for him.

Indeed he probably hasn’t had the season he hoped he’d have but at the end of the day your health is main priority so hopefully he’ll be ok.

Taken from Facebook.

Hi everyone,
Just an update;
Yesterday at Workington I was signed off medically due to mental exhaustion. After extensive consideration over the last couple of weeks, I have reached the regretful decision to sit the rest of the season out from speedway, as I am not in the right headspace to A. perform at my peak, or B. safely attack tracks. This has been an extremely difficult decision to make, but one I believe pertinent to my overall wellbeing, as I know I cannot continue in this way.
This is something that has been building for a while, it has affected my mental focus no end, and reached a stage where I can’t keep trying to push through it.
I can only apologise to my respective teams, fans and sponsors, and wish them all the best as the season continues.

16 minutes ago, lukeellis said:

So what are the rules on this situation?Do Redcar get a facility (guest,R/R) or are we allowed to sign someone? Not sure on the 75% of matches cut off for signings thing.

If he's signed off medically, you should get a facility. I believe you have completed 75% of your fixtures, so I don't think signing a replacement is an option.

17 minutes ago, lukeellis said:

So what are the rules on this situation?Do Redcar get a facility (guest,R/R) or are we allowed to sign someone? Not sure on the 75% of matches cut off for signings thing.

Not sure if it comes down as illness or withholding services. But would assume you get a facility for 28 days and then have to sign someone or use a guest up to 75% if his average. 

Firstly & most importantly, get well soon Connor.

Now for the rest, if he was signed off by a Doctor I'm sure Redcar would get a facility till he was fit to return. But as he's decided to sit out the rest of the season, I think that counts as "witholding his services" so Redcar would get a 28 day facility followed by a 75% guest.

This is the downside of having a transfer window, through no fault of their own Redcar could have a rider leave them, not be allowed to sign a replacement but also not be allowed a facility to replace him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

With regards facilities, I've seen Steve W saying he's sitting out next 28 days, would that maybe be because that's how long the facility would be given for?

Yes, and you can't return before then.

• Thanks 1