British Speedway Forum

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Poor end to pooles season. Worrall v dissapointing when going got tough .

Worrall very disappointing,anyone would think the bloke was just told he’s out of a job I wonder how we would all perform if we were told that for me that makes it more understandable.

Walking down by Poole Harbour and just been stopped by a bus driver...

He has been booked to drive an open air double decker bus around the town at mid day to "celebrate a cup win or something" he tells me, but no one yet has arrived...

He wants to know if anyone is turning up, or can he go home..?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I was surprised with the wording of a picture Scunthorpe posted on their FB page, calling themselves KOC Champions. Does that sound wrong to anyone else? I've always thought you get league champions & cup winners?

For example saying FA Cup Champions sounds odd, I'd always say FA Cup Winners.

noun

1. 1.
    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.

7 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Be as pedantic as you like. We won and we are Knock Out Cup Champions:rolleyes:. Now lets get back to  the p take of the whinging, bottling,  Runners up:rofl:

I saw a lot of People stay behind last night and congratulate the Scorpions on their win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

In football terms Glasgow won the league, Scunthorpe won the fa cup and Poole won the Johnstone paints trophy.

errm tell us again what Plymouth won?;)

Assuming they run at all in 2024 Plymouth are one of those voting for the lowest team building points limit of (rumoured) 38 points

Anyway Congrats to Scunthorpe on their Cup win and well done to the Poole track staff for managing to get the meeting on at all!

Edited by Skidder1

Well done to Scunny Scorps, been a long time since they won a major trophy.  Esp pleased for Scunny team manager Dave Peet, he didn't have the most fun during his one season at Hull in 2005 & has suffered some health issues of late, good for him that he's well on tne mend & still gets enjoyment from speedway.  Also Poole track staff did amazingly well to get the meeting on.....

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

errm tell us again what Plymouth won?;)

Assuming they run at all in 2024 Plymouth are one of those voting for the lowest team building points limit of (rumoured) 38 points

Anyway Congrats to Scunthorpe on their Cup win and well done to the Poole track staff for managing to get the meeting on at all!

What ever gets decided at the agm is done in a democratic fair way,obviously Poole have a problem with that . Maybe now more promotions are sick of Poole's self interest and trying to influence other promotions that poor little Danny has had his feathers ruffled and possibly his fortune read and he doesn't like it and nor does daddy ford. By the way never assume!

Well done to Scunthorpe the better team won over the two legs. What I do not get is the the responses from both sets of fans and the aggression. Poole always put out a competitive team and when they are doing well they like any team they put bums on seats when they travel away. The current state of the sport needs clubs like Poole and every other team to come to tapes in 2024 but if for any reason Poole lost out because of circumstances beyond their control such as the closure of the stadium, the sport overall would be poorer for it.

Swindon have gone and now Wolves and Panthers are lost, Kent and Mildenhall may be kicked into touch, surely it is time to appreciate what teams are left because without those speedway in the U.K. is dead. Continually knocking clubs is counter productive and whilst a lot of what goes on is good natured banter, you cannot help but feel some of the vitriolic comments are counter productive. 

The Scorpions did what they needed to do and Poole came up short. So what. Just look forward to next season.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TheScotsman said:
noun

1. 1.
    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.

The key word here is “all”. The League Champions have surpassed all rivals, the Cup Winners have defeated the selected few they faced …

Congrats Scunthorpe!

Ha Ha Shovlar :D

On 10/22/2023 at 6:31 AM, lbw said:

Well done to Scunthorpe with Simon Lambert doing a real captain's job. 

Yes some things didn't go our way but overall we simply weren't good enough again when it mattered most.

And to those that may be thinking 'flat white' well I'm drinking one right now but not to drown my sorrows but to say eres to next season, bring it on!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

Hey there lbw, glad you got another flat white in just as the season was ending. Commiserations re Poole's loss but I'm sure you will come out fighting again next year. Always enjoy the Poole banter on the Forum and hope it keeps going through the winter months.

By the way, had my first ever flat white coffee at Ascot (Champions Day) on Saturday and very enjoyable it was! 

All the best for next season! 

On 10/23/2023 at 2:58 PM, Tinker said:

Hey there lbw, glad you got another flat white in just as the season was ending. Commiserations re Poole's loss but I'm sure you will come out fighting again next year. Always enjoy the Poole banter on the Forum and hope it keeps going through the winter months.

By the way, had my first ever flat white coffee at Ascot (Champions Day) on Saturday and very enjoyable it was! 

All the best for next season! 

Hey there @Tinker :)

Thanks for the message, wasn't the end to the season we were looking for but hey ho u can't win em all. Still there's the Jubilee Final......ermmmmm yes well ! :D

And u had ur first ever flat white, hey that's a Champion choice :t: I'm avin a flat white reet now in the local Costa as I'm not at the Jubilee Final........just meeting up with me mate & former rider Alan Molyneux.

Eres to next season, all the best :t:

Edited by lbw