British Speedway Forum

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Remarkable tonight. Reason why Scunny have won it. We never saw that coming fair play. Deserved and no complaints.

Well done to the Scorpions. 

Some of us did see it coming, thank you! Did try to warn about complacency and Steve Worrall touched on it in the press conference.

Well done Scunny. Didn't meet anyone new from the forum. But nice to meet and have a chat with Dougie's girlfriend near the end of the meeting. :t:

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Some of us did see it coming, thank you! Did try to warn about complacency and Steve Worrall touched on it in the press conference.

Well done Scunny. Didn't meet anyone new from the forum. But nice to meet and have a chat with Dougie's girlfriend near the end of the meeting. :t:

Doubt she felt the same way............... only joking I expect your ok in person. 

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Brilliant from Scunthorpe well done the scorpions I can’t believe how many people on here hate Poole I can’t work out why that is… lol, I’ve just read the last 5 pages on this thread and not one comment from Lisa hmmm, at least Steve had the good grace to say well done. Poole winning nothing is a nice feeling going into the winter mr ford . I have a feeling there maybe a few riders for the chop next year.

Shut up. Am I allowed to watch the press conference and travel 20 miles home first. Idiot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Brilliant from Scunthorpe well done the scorpions I can’t believe how many people on here hate Poole I can’t work out why that is… lol, I’ve just read the last 5 pages on this thread and not one comment from Lisa hmmm, at least Steve had the good grace to say well done. Poole winning nothing is a nice feeling going into the winter mr ford . I have a feeling there maybe a few riders for the chop next year.

Get it right mike0310, 3 finals, 1 trophy 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think maybe Joe as well? From how he answered questions tonight sounded like it. But time of year where you read into everything a rider says! 

What did he say to make you think he will be back, your reserves will be hagon and Perry.

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

What did he say to make you think he will be back, your reserves will be hagon and Perry.

Just that he improved a lot since joining Poole and was looking forward to carrying on that journey or words similar. As I said I probably read too much into what riders say in last meetings of the season!