British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

As someone who supplied methanol to a track and a qualified ‘ DGSA ‘, there’s a lot of rules & regulations regarding storage and transport of dangerous goods which make it restrictive to anyone dealing with it. Clubs have never supplied it , always been from ‘ the spares van ‘  type supplier . No club would want to store thousands of litres of a flammable liquid if they didn’t have too !

Clubs have supplied it i did back in the day at derwent park,yes a while back but it was stored their.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Clubs have supplied it i did back in the day at derwent park,yes a while back but it was stored their.

you are so right G100 , .

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

As someone who supplied methanol to a track and a qualified ‘ DGSA ‘, there’s a lot of rules & regulations regarding storage and transport of dangerous goods which make it restrictive to anyone dealing with it. Clubs have never supplied it , always been from ‘ the spares van ‘  type supplier . No club would want to store thousands of litres of a flammable liquid if they didn’t have too !

i can assure you tracks did supplt fuel and castrol R   

rethink your comment and alter your post please

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, j2ohh said:

with regards buying fuel in bulk !  i am sure it has a short shelf life and can absorb water . i think it goes a sort of dullish black . ? ? ?

They used to do it at Halifax,I was friends with the guy who dished it out.Mind,that's a few years ago now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I also gave methonal out back in the day at derwent Park,( 1981 + 85 ) but very few elf and safety rules then !!

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

I also gave methonal out back in the day at derwent Park,( 1981 + 85 ) but very few elf and safety rules then !!

what promotion were operating when you were doing the fuel thing ?

36 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

Not at Workington, Redcar and not in the dark ages but very recently and I now assist the current supplier who also does other tracks in the north.

39 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Not at Workington, Redcar and not in the dark ages but very recently and I now assist the current supplier who also does other tracks in the north.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Confused .com  

1 hour ago, Neila said:

39 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Edited by j2ohh

1 hour ago, j2ohh said:

Ron bagley in 1981 and Ian thomas in 1985, 6 or so junior meetings with the likes of 16 year old Gary havelock think Kenny Carter and a few other who went onto be major names

54 minutes ago, KK62 said:

But it was, supplied in a 50 gallon drum, as I said very little elf snd safety in them days 

3 hours ago, j2ohh said:

Confused .com  

Seems like @KK62 is wrong defo in 50 gallon drums in late 70's early 80's , a few on here have done it or can remember it being taken out of the big barrel into 1 gallon containers