British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, A.N.Other said:

But.....you insisted that YOUR informant was telling you the truth that the team was completed by Xmas.  And I merely stated that I thought MINE was telling the truth that it wasnt yet completed. But you wouldnt have it...you insisted that I was wrong, and you were right !  Right from the outset of that discussion, you could have easily said "well we have both been told conflicting information, so lets wait and see who is right ?".

And of course,  we now know who was right  !!   Well, at least that person was right, at the time of the interview, which was 11am on Friday.  Things may have changed since the interview on Friday ? (Ooooh !!)

Have a nice day. :D

You to JD

6 hours ago, Bunters said:

Just been doing the family shop in Tesco’s and seen Ashley Morris. Very strange to see him in Workington. I think he lives in Wolverhampton doesn’t he? Could he be a signing? Maybe a double change?

Easily explained.....there was a two for one offer on carrots in the Workington Store.  And as he loves carrots, he thought..."why not" ? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Easily explained.....there was a two for one offer on carrots in the Workington Store.  And as he loves carrots, he thought..."why not" ? 

carrots , i thought he liked butter . cant believe its not budda !

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

I mean... isnt Claus Vissing the perfect fit...?

Probably wants too much money, more so, as this is the last team place left in the league, so riders know the place has to be filled, so it's probably a major sticking point, promotion budget V riders (whoever it is ) demands 

• Like 2

I really hope there isn't a double change, if Workington are struggling for a 7th rider, just sign the best available. If they're under the limit they can still give all their riders 6 meetings before the league starts to prove themselves before considering strengthening up. Will take a long time for any averages to change, so if below the limit, the spare points won't disappear any time soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

But.....you insisted that YOUR informant was telling you the truth that the team was completed by Xmas.  And I merely stated that I thought MINE was telling the truth that it wasnt yet completed. But you wouldnt have it...you insisted that I was wrong, and you were right !  Right from the outset of that discussion, you could have easily said "well we have both been told conflicting information, so lets wait and see who is right?".

Great point

Edited by szkocjasid