British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

Out of all the teams in the Championship, the Workington one interests me the most. Not only a female rider but a few unknown quantities and I think they will be entertaining to watch and could spring a few surprises. 

If Cookie and Batch can both get into the mindset where they are determined to prove the doubters wrong and ride to their full capabilities then who knows how far the team can go.

I wish the promotion well and for "thinking outside the box" and it's certainly a team which has got people talking. Good luck! 

• Like 6

Given worky have several inconsistencies in their line up surely you want someone in there going to score a steady 6-8 every meeting. How to put this sensitively, Dimitri has what they call a Gaelic temperament and if he's not in the mood then you'll have 2 point reserves beating him. For context see bellego last year. He might score you a max one week and 0 the next, always the way he's been in this country. Would he have his best equipment and attitude over here? I have my severe doubts!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Given worky have several inconsistencies in their line up surely you want someone in there going to score a steady 6-8 every meeting. How to put this sensitively, Dimitri has what they call a Gaelic temperament and if he's not in the mood then you'll have 2 point reserves beating him. For context see bellego last year. He might score you a max one week and 0 the next, always the way he's been in this country. Would he have his best equipment and attitude over here? I have my severe doubts!

Yes Bellego looked a reasonable signing until he actually got on his bike!  Berge has a relatively poor average given his ability, typical of most French sportsmen he can be brilliant but too often isn't.

• Like 1

Bergé was doing great riding for my club Landshut in the Polish Div.1 in the past two years. Moody, yes, sometimes, but most of the time simply brillant.
He concentrates on speedway now, and does not ride in long-track or grass track meetings anymore. 

• Like 2

I personally think we need a steadying influence in the team who is a solid scorer. I was a long time Barrow supporter and know only too well that speedway fans are fickle and wont support a losing team particularly at home, hence the reason I have a 90 mile round trip to see my adopted team Workington. I really hope it all works out. Workington - Barrow derby's happy days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bomber75 said:

I personally think we need a steadying influence in the team who is a solid scorer. I was a long time Barrow supporter and know only too well that speedway fans are fickle and wont support a losing team particularly at home, hence the reason I have a 90 mile round trip to see my adopted team Workington. I really hope it all works out. Workington - Barrow derby's happy days.  

Watching charlie monk flying round park road was a joy to see :t:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bomber75 said:

Trouble could be it looks a fantastic track with not a lot of home track advantage,should be some cracking racing at Championship Level.