British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

5 hours ago, Athos said:

Hans it is. Then there come on 38 dead

2 hours ago, mc131 said:

Hope not well past his best.

Never understood that argument, of course he's well past his best, you don't expect to sign a current GP rider / multiple round winner in the Championship now do you? Plus at his best, Hans wouldn't fit as a 3rd heat leader in the Champ.

If you had said "hope not, his average is likely to go down' - that would have made sense.

I made similar comments about Iversen at Lynn "he's not the rider he once was" - of course he isn't, as he wouldn't be a 3rd heat leader / second string at his best!

Edited by szkocjasid

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Never understood that argument, of course he's well past his best, you don't expect to sign a current GP rider / multiple round winner in the Championship now do you? Plus at his best, Hans wouldn't fit as a 3rd heat leader in the Champ.

If you had said "hope not, his average is likely to go down' - that would have made sense.

I made similar comments about Iversen at Lynn "he's not the rider he once was" - of course he isn't, as he wouldn't be a 3rd heat leader / second string at his best!

Aye but Hans is past his best in the Championship too in all reality, Comets could definitely do better imo.

I hope they sign Vissing or Rowe personally

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 1stbendharry said:

Are Workington just riding with 6 riders in 2024??

We are the only club that hasn't declared their 1-7.

Seems very strange not to announce.. Maybe they have been let down by riders and are still searching worrying if that is the case. We are already taking a big chance with a few names in the team already..

It’ll all be announced in due time no panic 

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Aye but Hans is past his best in the Championship too in all reality, Comets could definitely do better imo.

Even if Hans is past his best in the Champ, I'd still sign him if he was the best option available (I don't believe he is).

Saying "Comets could do better" is a perfectly sensible comment.

I agree both Vissing or Rowe would be better signings than Hans.

Edited by szkocjasid

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Quite agree seen Hans at Berwick last season, think Vissing is the better option imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Is his average not over 8 ?

Newcastle results were taken off and the rules might not be the same as when he joined them on a converted Prem average because they change every year lol.

BWD's last Championship average that he actually achieved was a 6.0 or 6.1 something riding for Peterborough in 2018 or 2019.

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Newcastle results were taken off and the rules might not be the same as when he joined them on a converted Prem average because they change every year lol.

BWD's last Championship average that he actually achieved was a 6.0 or 6.1 something riding for Peterborough in 2018 or 2019.

Yea I was looking at his Newcastle average