British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Wont really matter the number after heat 2 as the team manager will do reserve switches based on what he sees happen in that heat 

Whoever has any doubts about Celina former National league co-ordinator Jason pipe has put on  Facebook a race with her & drew kemp passing eachother & she takes the win on the outside.. great race & for those who don't have Facebook it's also on YouTube & Kemp's in white & Celina in yellow... Well worth a look 

2 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Whoever has any doubts about Celina former National league co-ordinator Jason pipe has put on  Facebook a race with her & drew kemp passing eachother & she takes the win on the outside.. great race & for those who don't have Facebook it's also on YouTube & Kemp's in white & Celina in yellow... Well worth a look 

I don't doubt her at all seen her race in person so don't need to watch video. My comment is not a negative one but a real one based on personal experience and good team management.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Wont really matter the number after heat 2 as the team manager will do reserve switches based on what he sees happen in that heat 

Also a reserve can be in any of the 15 heats if going well or other riders are injured/missing  

So programed rides don't mean much 

A struggling reserve often only gets 3 rides if the other is riding well 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Page 62 on this thread Davie 10 posted the same one yesterday.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Pfingstchallenge 2022 aus Güstrow Lauf 16 (youtube.com)

5 hours ago, Marksman said:

Great line up for the Australian Centenary meeting on Friday including our own Tate Zischke, if anyone’s interested.

Live stream (pricy at $35/£19) starts about 7.25am UK time I believe.

https://www.thestreamingguys.com.au/production/speedway-night-2-solo-riders/

1. Kye Thomson (Australia) 
2. Jaimon Lidsey (Australia)
3. Ryan Douglas (Australia)
4. Declan Kennedy (Australia)
5. Rasmus Jensen (Denmark)
6. Tai Woffinden (Great Britain)
7. Keynan Rew (Australia)
8. Tate Zischke (Australia)
9. Max Fricke (Australia)
10. Chris Holder (Australia)
11. Adam Ellis (Great Britain)
12. Daniel Bewley (Great Britain)
13. Sam Masters (Australia)
14. Brady Kurtz (Australia)
15. Jason Doyle (Australia)
16. Rohan Tungate (Australia)

Tungate will be the one to beat

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:02 PM, Nickinho said:

It's precisely BECAUSE she is a girl/woman that the Comets have signed her. Be honest with yourself, would they have signed a rider on a 4.00 who struggles to get a point in the continent if they were male? Her signing is just pure tokenism, a gimmick. And giving her "the boot" if she fails to make any kind of impact will look even worse for Workington after they've made such a big deal of her signing. If she fails Workington are stuck with her.

Spot on. I have nothing personal against her and genuinely wish her well. But as with her wild card in a round of GP2 this is just a case of box ticking from the Workington promotion and a publicity stunt (a very good one at that). I would like to see more female riders at the higher level but they have to be good enough. Everyone loves a novelty but soon the novelty wares off. The Comets fans will soon get tired of her if she doesn't do the job after a few meetings. I do hope though that she proves me wrong. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Spot on. I have nothing personal against her and genuinely wish her well. But as with her wild card in a round of GP2 this is just a case of box ticking from the Workington promotion and a publicity stunt (a very good one at that). I would like to see more female riders at the higher level but they have to be good enough. Everyone loves a novelty but soon the novelty wares off. The Comets fans will soon get tired of her if she doesn't do the job after a few meetings. I do hope though that she proves me wrong. 

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just anyother rider,then some of u will have alot of pie to eat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just any other rider, then some of u will have a lot of pie to eat.

Exactly and that is the argument I always put forward in cases like this. A very good example is Horse Racing and Racheal Blackmore. She is one of the best jockeys out there. The media have tried to big her up as a trailblazer for women but she will have nothing to do with it. As far as she is concerned she is on equal terms with the blokes and no fanfare should be given to her just because she's a woman. However my argument has also been it should be the best person for the job regardless of whatever gender, etc they are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just anyother rider,then some of u will have alot of pie to eat.

i am sure the Workington promotion will stick with ALL the team that has been signed up for the 2024 season and plenty of posters on here wil remind james harris of his post

28 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Exactly and that is the argument I always put forward in cases like this. A very good example is Horse Racing and Racheal Blackmore. She is one of the best jockeys out there. The media have tried to big her up as a trailblazer for women but she will have nothing to do with it. As far as she is concerned she is on equal terms with the blokes and no fanfare should be given to her just because she's a woman. However my argument has also been it should be the best person for the job regardless of whatever gender, etc they are. 

AHH , i see what you did there you clever person. horse and horse power  really clever . NOT.

is that the rachel blackmore that won the grand national ?

Edited by j2ohh

22 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

AHH , i see what you did there you clever person. horse and horse power  really clever . NOT

Taking into account the limited intelligence of most people on the Speedway Forum your comment and the lack of understanding of my post doesn't  suprise me. 

Edited by JamesHarris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Taking into account the limited intelligence of most people on the Speedway Forum your comment and the lack of understanding of my post don't suprise me. 

err, most people on here . what percentage is that then ?

Edited by j2ohh