British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There's clearly more than 9 available, wether they are up to the correct standard is up for debate. I'd certainly prefer an RS rule to be under 3.50, feel it's a shame if the riders just above 2 (up to Pijper) could miss out.

I think they'll have riders like Pijper and Trigger, Harrison who have had a valiant attempt too early on a Rising Star rating so that they can be assured of another bash and not penalised for getting teams out of a mess. 

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

I had mixed feelings when the move to the championship was announced yesterday , I have enjoyed this year with these young lads we have had in our team and think they may be lost to the sport If there is no Third League of some description.

i must admit I did not have any interest in the “ third division”  when Workington were in the championship back in 2018 but there seems to be a real camaraderie with the boys this season that does not always exist with some teams .

I hope many of this years team can be in next years line up , this would mean a weaker championship but maybe that is a good thing.

One thing I do know Is the  promotion at Northside have put a lot of work in to making this season a success , so well done to Andrew Bain , Steve Lawson and the many people behind the scenes who work tirelessly every week.

Connor and Ace had Championship places this season. I can see Luke Harrison and Sam McGurk possibly securing a berth next season. The Championship even watered down is a tough step up. Even though we have had the pleasure of watching some great young talent this season who have often outshone older team mates admission costs will rise and with it fans expectations.

I would like to think that in the absence of the NDL something will be created that will still allow young riders the opportunity to race and develop.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can we have Dan bewley on his 2018  championship average?  Glasgow have form for getting riders on a dodgy average, so maybe the comets could :D:D

Not our fault that the rule makers couldn’t run a  pi$$ up in a brewery.

But it is clear the champions get preferential treatment.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Not our fault that the rule makers couldn’t run a  pi$$ up in a brewery.

But it is clear the champions get preferential treatment.

So being triple champions in 2018 do comets get 3 goes with riders with a dodgy average :D.  H18TORY

16 hours ago, HGould said:

I think they'll have riders like Pijper and Trigger, Harrison who have had a valiant attempt too early on a Rising Star rating so that they can be assured of another bash and not penalised for getting teams out of a mess. 

In 2015 Edinburgh started with 2 x 3.00 riders (Branford & Clegg) when they didn't have to have any, the following year every team had to include a 3.00 rider, so what happened Edinburgh had to drop one of their 3.50 averaged reserves. I hope a similar thing doesn't happen to Hagon / Trigger!

I realise there has to be a cut-off for rising stars, but I hope it's not 2.00.

Edited by szkocjasid

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Didn’t take long quicker than I expected.

Was hungry so took the bait  :D  hopefully in 2024 when the comets and tiggers clash, i can meet some off hear who've i have had banter with over the years, just hope tiggers don't win :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Neila said:

Was hungry so took the bait  :D  hopefully in 2024 when the comets and tiggers clash, i can meet some off hear who've i have had banter with over the years, just hope tiggers don't win :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the trip down, haven't been yet but have heard very good things about the set-up and the track

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Looking forward to the trip down, haven't been yet but have heard very good things about the set-up and the track

Great track. Has bedded in remarkably well this season. Testament to Steve Lawson’s hard work.  Interesting to see how CL heat leaders ride it. A good few lines.

• Like 2