British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

8 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Has he got Polish commitments next season? haven't seen him announced anywhere ?

Will be riding for Wrocław U24 side on Tuesdays again. Has to keep weekends free for practice over there if he wants to keep progressing.

No idea how he juggles a full time job, PL Championship and Poland! Fair play

30 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Will be riding for Wrocław U24 side on Tuesdays again. Has to keep weekends free for practice over there if he wants to keep progressing.

If you have that many commitments riding speedway all over the country/ Europe, I can't see how he can have  a full-time 4/5 day a week job !! Nowt against conner good luck to the kid

9 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Quite funny isn't it, Comets rode Saturday night for years never an issue. Thought he may have signed when he wasn't back at Glasgow i'm feeling a bit miffed off after hearing that. I would rather he said he got a better offer. He should improve again next season so will be a good rider again for you guys .

I’m very surprised that he wasn’t back at Glasgow given his improvement last season .obviously there are reasons.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

About time someone stood up to the poles,they get plenty of practice riding for other teams.

40 minutes ago, Neila said:

If you have that many commitments riding speedway all over the country/ Europe, I can't see how he can have  a full-time 4/5 day a week job !! Nowt against conner good luck to the kid

Remember reading somewhere that Connor lives in Glasgow and was serving an apprenticeship with Allied Vehicles which I believe is owned by the Facennas. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Quite funny isn't it, Comets rode Saturday night for years never an issue. Thought he may have signed when he wasn't back at Glasgow i'm feeling a bit miffed off after hearing that. I would rather he said he got a better offer. He should improve again next season so will be a good rider again for you guys .

The landscape has changed dramatically since 2018 unfortunately now that even 2nd tier 2nd strings are holding out for Poland. In Bailey's case he'd earn far more taking no rides as a no.8 in 2nd tier in Poland than if he got a max for worky. Can't blame him tbf, would you do the same job for half the wages of double was on offer?

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

The landscape has changed dramatically since 2018 unfortunately now that even 2nd tier 2nd strings are holding out for Poland. In Bailey's case he'd earn far more taking no rides as a no.8 in 2nd tier in Poland than if he got a max for worky. Can't blame him tbf, would you do the same job for half the wages of double was on offer?

You are right the landscape has indeed changed. No you can't blame him for sure but it is frustrating and limiting if like Comets you are currently a weekend track. 

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Not a big fan of (santa) claus but would take him on a relatively low average,  and it would pi## off Glasgow fans who are expecting him to re- sign for them :rolleyes:

From my experience I can only say that Claus is a nice guy off the track. When he signed for Comets previously he actually came up in the stand and watched a race with us in one meeting, not many riders would do that. I have always believed after watching Claus at Ashfield a few times that Glasgow got good value out of him , he always seemed to try really hard to do himself justice riding for the Tigers. I believe he would be a solid signing  especially at home, I think the Northside track would suit him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

From my experience I can only say that Claus is a nice guy off the track. When he signed for Comets previously he actually came up in the stand and watched a race with us in one meeting, not many riders would do that. I have always believed after watching Claus at Ashfield a few times that Glasgow got good value out of him , he always seemed to try really hard to do himself justice riding for the Tigers. I believe he would be a solid signing  especially at home, I think the Northside track would suit him.

Agreed - I think he’d be a great fit and on his average, he’s got to have a deal done somewhere, surely.

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

You are right the landscape has indeed changed. No you can't blame him for sure but it is frustrating and limiting if like Comets you are currently a weekend track. 

Yeah 100%, even as Friday track we've found more and more issues. I assume why we've gone with a predominantly British 1-7 this year. Only a few years were several Saturday tracks in champ, last season was only Berwick. With worky and I think Plymouth will be more this season right enough 

• Like 1