British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, Neila said:

MPT don't think so after signing and pulling out for s better offer in i think 2017

Riders do that every winter, it's just part of the game. If he was the right rider for Worky then why cut off your nose to spite your face?

26 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Comment from Connor Bailey when he was announced for Redcar tonight is that Workington riding on a Saturday was one of the reasons he chose Redcar.

Probably other riders saying the same, maybe that's why it's very quiet on the team front !!

18 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Could still get decent riders but not the ones with other continental aspiratioms. A lot of riders who have a full time job would be looking for a Saturday track.

Still don't think many riders have full time jobs away from speedway !!

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Comment from Connor Bailey when he was announced for Redcar tonight is that Workington riding on a Saturday was one of the reasons he chose Redcar.

Has he got Polish commitments next season? haven't seen him announced anywhere ?

9 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think he said he wanted to keep his Saturdays free for travel, if he got any rides in Poland.

Quite funny isn't it, Comets rode Saturday night for years never an issue. Thought he may have signed when he wasn't back at Glasgow i'm feeling a bit miffed off after hearing that. I would rather he said he got a better offer. He should improve again next season so will be a good rider again for you guys .