British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

U aint seen them round northside 2 good reserves and a poss heat leader,start easy be too easy to buy a team to win the league,or perhaps not!

Bailey as a reserve / second string at the very best. That’s about it. Championship heat leader Bailey is not!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bailey as a reserve / second string at the very best. That’s about it. Championship heat leader Bailey is not!

Bailey as a reserve? In the championship?

I hope you are joking because he currently rides in the championship and I think you should go have a look at his average

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This year, second string, yes.

At 38 points, Connor might be a heat leader, but at the least, a strong second string. We've all got to adjust our expectations of who fits where.

Half the heat leaders might be unemployed next year, and will come back in 2025 to replace the 2024 heat leaders, whose averages will increase so much they become unemployable.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Connor sam and luke hopefully

Great to have you back , not before time.

Hearing Connor will be back at Glasgow next year was always the plan to send him out this season to gain more experience.

Never say never though but fantastic to see the Comets back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting Workington moving up. Hope they have a streaming service for away supporters because it really is out on a limb! 

Out on the very same limb as they were in 1970 to 1981 and 1999 to 2018......during both of those periods I recall very much of seeing a great many away followers at Derwent Park....then enjoying a pint with many post meeting. Workington is not on Mars ok.???

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting Workington moving up. Hope they have a streaming service for away supporters because it really is out on a limb! 

So Craig Cook at number 1?

Poole out on a limb for the Comets and other northern and Scottish teams as well :D but the comets supporters will be down to see you UTC

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

He's come on leaps and bounds this season

Take your blue tinted spectacles off and try to look at non Poole riders as decent prospects.

His u21 final win was as good a ride as seen at ashfield this season. And that takes some doing!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

Great to see Worky return to the Championship. I’m hearing the Championship will be considerably watered down from this years version, with double uppers being extremely limited. We’ll see. 

I’m guessing that’s to try and accommodate a fair few of the NDL riders in to the Championship who’ll otherwise be out of a job/quit?

16 minutes ago, Neila said:

Poole out on a limb for the Comets and other northern and Scottish teams as well :D but the comets supporters will be down to see you UTC

I am in the Cumbria club’s paragliding competition based near Keswick every June. Fingers crossed Poole are up in the same week. Only 30 mins from lovely Keswick. 

2 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Are there many others with Workington connections still around? Cook looks amazing obvious choice but brings his own issues. Lawson would be a more reliable option.

Anyone from the 2018 lot an option?

Adam Roynon is from pretty near (just down t'road!!).