British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Friday nights at Edinburgh didn't suit Josh Pickering's Polish commitments so unless he's given up on a Polish team place becoming available Saturday afternoon in Workington wouldn't be an option.

James Pearson?

Think it was a case of that, and also the long journey from where he was based. Workington will still be a journey for him but time will tell I suppose

Heat1 Motorsports Podcast recently did an interview with young Aussie Mitch Cluff, who revealed that he’s been talking to James Denham about next season.

I don’t believe he currently has a UK visa, so if he wants to come over let’s hope he has the best of luck in the upcoming state titles!

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Heat1 Motorsports Podcast recently did an interview with young Aussie Mitch Cluff, who revealed that he’s been talking to James Denham about next season.

I don’t believe he currently has a UK visa, so if he wants to come over let’s hope he has the best of luck in the upcoming state titles!

Yeah he qualifies for a visa now, finished top 4 in the Victorian State championship at the weekend. The podcast was recorded before that happened

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2023 at 12:51 PM, Neila said:

Any rumours or truths in the team make up ? One going round at the moment,  if true would be a great signing, a out and out racer with the initials JP !!

Jordan Palin announced his retirement from the sport. It was front page news in the SS this week. :blink::rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely season tickets are seen as value for money (or not) for the number of meetings rather than who is in the 1-7?

But some wouldn't shell out for a season ticket if the team looked weak would they? I'd have thought best way to generate interest is to reveal your side and whet people's appetite and removing the doubt.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Doubt Edinburgh would want him back after this past season. They outed him for withholding his services didn't they. Berwick aren’t having him, and redcar aren’t going to be going for him. 

Edinburgh didn't have a choice - to use a guest for Cook, they either need him to produce a sick line or declare he was "withholding his services".

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should have to ride if he's unwell with mental health, more he should see a Doctor if he's unwell with mental health.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2