British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

I was reading an old U21 SWC programme earlier and there was a good interview with Bickley in there, he mentioned he was best mates with Craig Cook. If Workington could get 2 local lads like Cook/Bickley back in then maybe they'd spur each other on.

I don't think Bickley will ever be a world beater, but he's still only 21 and the standard of reserves in next year's Championship looks weak. Shame to see his talent lost to speedway.

See where you’re coming from but I would take a hard pass on Bickley personally. He rode in the sue roper memorial and if he wasn’t ahead by bend 2 he seemed to just give in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

See where you’re coming from but I would take a hard pass on Bickley personally. He rode in the sue roper memorial and if he wasn’t ahead by bend 2 he seemed to just give in. 

Hes been in a couple of teams with cookie and hasn't really been spurred on then be no different now sadly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lewy said:

You're welcome :t:After all scunthorpe did beat the pie ratsin the final which made me smile, also Simon Lambert guested for Plymouth at Birmingham and was totally committed and offered advice to the youngsters in the Plymouth team . Think I'm going mad!!!!!:drink:

Or drinking heavily 

I’m hearing from a reliable source that we’ve secured the services of a “big name” rider that’s come recommended from Darcy ward. I’ve been scratching my head since I heard to try figure out who it is but so far came up with nothing, any takers?

13 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

I’m hearing from a reliable source that we’ve secured the services of a “big name” rider that’s come recommended from Darcy ward. I’ve been scratching my head since I heard to try figure out who it is but so far came up with nothing, any takers?

Cant think of anyone called " large":D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Tate Zischke

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Yeah when I’ve had another think that’s the rider who sprung to mind. Would he be signed on a 5?

Probably a 5 as I think like, most young Aussie's do, he's been riding in the lower polish league or U24. Think he's the best of the available Aussie's, but if he rides for the comets he will be a long way from a British Aussie base. These are down south in the Poole area, so may mean a lot of traveling, unless he wants to be based further north without many Aussie's around him 

Edited by Neila

24 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

This was spoken about at the end of season doo by Steve Lawson when interviewed by Roy Clark, but no names were mentioned 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Probably a 5 as I think like, most young Aussie's do, he's been riding in the lower polish league or U24. Think he's the best of the available Aussie's, but if he rides for the comets he will be a long way from a British Aussie base. These are down south in the Poole area, so may mean a lot of traveling, unless he wants to be based further north without many Aussie's around him 

Michael West and/or Tate Zischke would surely have weekend fixture issues with Poland, assuming they've now done their 'apprenticeship' over there?

Edited by Skidder1

16 hours ago, CTD26 said:

and that is bickleys problem 

was too good for the oposition and had equipment far better when he was a junior he never had the chance to learn to race 

the change was too big for him to adjust too 

im sure kyle with the right backing did have it to be good but think he was a superstar before he started at higher level (no fault of his own )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Michael West and/or Tate Zischke would surely have weekend fixture issues with Poland, assuming they've now done their 'apprenticeship' over there?

Huge difference between the two riders. West looks a nightmare, ask anyone on IOW. Better bet would be Brayden McGuinness, Zischke looks head and shoulders above those two though.

6 hours ago, Athos said:

Tate zischke going to Poole I believe. There been after him for 2 seasons

I don’t think he is. They gave him a 5 point average meaning Poole couldn’t fit him in