British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

Thanks for the information so far guys. 

If anyone can confirm Cookie Monster IS riding, and we havent got an NDL stand in for him, I would appreciate knowing.  I appreciate his current situation makes it difficult for him to know for sure. But the Club needs to know well in advance, one way or the other. 

Thanks again !

1 hour ago, A.N.Other said:

Thanks for the information so far guys. 

If anyone can confirm Cookie Monster IS riding, and we havent got an NDL stand in for him, I would appreciate knowing.  I appreciate his current situation makes it difficult for him to know for sure. But the Club needs to know well in advance, one way or the other. 

Thanks again !

Surely r/r would be better than a NDL stand in or do they have to have a stand in ??

Cookie is riding.

I would say we are stronger in 2 areas No.4 and No.7, and weaker at No.2. Think we can still do very well tonight and at least grab the bonus point over 2 legs.

Lineup for tonight;

1. Cook

2. Pjiper

3. Vuolas

4. Jenkins

5. Batchelor

6. McGurk

7. Starke

Edited by Marksman

14 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

The serious question I would ask, is, does anyone know FOR CERTAIN, if Craig Cook IS riding on Friday and at home on Saturday please  ?

Question answered then. 

FB_IMG_1722605035305.jpg

Once Edinburgh vs Glasgow was postponed, Workington could have used Pickering or Harris to guest for Cook. Surely if he's about to become a father, they'd be allowed a guest. The question is how much notice is allowed? Cook could be waiting for a phone call & have to dash away at a moments notice, can you expect guests to wait just in case they are needed?

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

League cut off date early September I think, so I'm guessing 7/'8 September too late, so  only 24th August is possible date, but it's speedway so anything can happen :D

Plymouth are racing at home to Poole on the 24th.

• Like 1

Pity nobody can tell the fans what is happening with Craig Cook is he on paternity leave 2 weeks.

44 minutes ago, soupy said:

Pity nobody can tell the fans what is happening with Craig Cook is he on paternity leave 2 weeks.

Baby sitting duties I think

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Pretty sure his private life has got f-all to do with anyone else other than Craig and his employer.

• Like 2

The situation was explained by Stewart Dickson yesterday and that’s more than anyone needs to know. If you know West Cumberland hospital, it will come as a surprise to no one.

He will be back soon enough, and also riding for both his teams in the Play offs B)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marksman said:

The situation was explained by Stewart Dickson yesterday and that’s more than anyone needs to know. If you know West Cumberland hospital, it will come as a surprise to no one.

He will be back soon enough, and also riding for both his teams in the Play offs B)

Found out on the Oxford thread.

10 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Pretty sure his private life has got f-all to do with anyone else other than Craig and his employer.

Or employers if that is the case.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking ahead to the play off meetings (if we get there)

Need to be as strong as possible, to at least make a tie of it.

I would mix it up and go with the following Home/Away line ups;

Away

1. Cook

2. Vuolas

3. Castagna (G)

4. Rowe (G)

5. Batchelor

6. McGurk

7. Starke

Home

1. Cook

2. Rowe (G)

3. Vuolas

4. Dan Thompson (G)

5. Batchelor

6. McGurk

7. Starke

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

If we get through to the Play offs this weekend, the first leg will be away at Poole a week today.

Playoffs are Live on BSN

Wow I am stuck for words almost !  Fancy that !  Who would have thought in their wildest dreams, that Poole would be granted the first leg ??????   Amazing !!

7 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Wow I am stuck for words almost !  Fancy that !  Who would have thought in their wildest dreams, that Poole would be granted the first leg ??????   Amazing !!

Would have thought Poole would want the advantage of the second leg, but maybe they just want to crack on with it, and are confident of winning either way, so they've gone for the first leg.

14 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Would have thought Poole would want the advantage of the second leg, but maybe they just want to crack on with it, and are confident of winning either way, so they've gone for the first leg.

Thought Poole would have the choice as they finished higher in the league anyway.