British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

15 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Don't think it's a rumour 

It's a rumour until Glasgow officially announce Flint's signing.

Don't know why they're signing  him on 6.40 when they could have Vissing on 6.24 - cost cutting? 

Leon doesn't like the track, couldn't even win a race in the under 21 final at Ashfield this year.

34 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Don't know why they're signing  him on 6.40 when they could have Vissing on 6.24 - cost cutting? 

Leon doesn't like the track, couldn't even win a race in the under 21 final at Ashfield this year.

Think Glasgow have had enough of trying to arrange fixtures around rider's overseas commitments . Too many times it's Danish League , or Danish championship or various under 21 fixtures meaning we've had missing riders for our important fixtures 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Think Glasgow have had enough of trying to arrange fixtures around rider's overseas commitments . Too many times it's Danish League , or Danish championship or various under 21 fixtures meaning we've had missing riders for our important fixtures 

Vissing seems to mess his teams about at the end of most seasons if you look back his history.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Normski said:

Give him his due in 2014 when we last made the playoffs he was there till the end

Then what did he do after that.Drop us in it the next Season by telling us every week he was due to come back if I remember correctly but never showed.

He was very good in 2014 though topped Berwick averages.

Edited by Fromafar

17 hours ago, Neila said:

Blooming Eck Glasgow fans highjacking threads just like Poole fans :D:D

I get your point, hopefully we can start discussing team makeup shortly after this weeks AGM.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, gmarsbar2 said:

Any ambitious rider will look to conquer tracks they have previously struggled on. For me, on similar averages I’d take Flint over Vissing any day. There’s a lot more potential upside to Flint if it goes well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Any ambitious rider will look to conquer tracks they have previously struggled on. For me, on similar averages I’d take Flint over Vissing any day. There’s a lot more potential upside to Flint if it goes well. 

Agree, also riders with anything about them (which Flint clearly has) will generally learn a track they aren't keen on if they are racing on it every week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben91 said:

You might be right for the long term but for 2024 I'd take Claus or Leon, based all the times I've seen them ride.