British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While McGurk, Hodder, Perry & James have struggled this year there doesn't seem to be a great amount of replacements out there for them. Weakening the NL won't make next season any better.

I honestly think they need to use the Prem's rules of weakest rider at 7 / can't get replaced in heat 8. At least that was these 2.00 riders will race each other twice a match.

Watering down the League is the biggest problem.These riders are not really Championship standard other than racing each other.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No, I dont think so, it would just weaken the product further and deprive fans of watching better quality riders.

had a quick look 22 riders double -up another 27 don't ride in the Chamionship

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree with that, basically they dropped Klindt for Riss because they wanted to use Nicholls as a guest for Kerr. The BSPL / SCB should have said no to dropping Klindt when Kerr was injured.

Riss could've replaced Kerr, then when Kerr was fit he could replace Klindt = no guests needed.

1 hour ago, DJC said:

what @szkocjasid said! 

Not having a full 7 when they have the chance is ridiculous 

While I do get what you're saying, and it's a good idea to stop it happening long term..... Oxford literally only used a guest in one match, no? A guest for Kerr at home against King's Lynn and then Cook was in for the Sheffield fixture. If they did all of this just to use Nicholls in one match out of a 24-match long season, it's a bit short sighted from the promotion. I wouldn't put anything past Peter Shroeck, but surely even he's not capable of being that incompetent.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

From the good old rule book...

010.3.1 Transfer Window
No team changes will be allowed once that team has completed 75% of their fixtures in the following competitions: -

• Premiership League

• Championship League & BSN Series combined 

Except riders returning to the team after injury who can only replace their original replacement.

This season there are 16 Championship fixtures and 4 BSN Series fixtures for each team. Looks like Workington raced their 15th (75%) fixture on Saturday so can they make this change?

16 minutes ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

From the good old rule book...

010.3.1 Transfer Window
No team changes will be allowed once that team has completed 75% of their fixtures in the following competitions: -

• Premiership League

• Championship League & BSN Series combined 

Except riders returning to the team after injury who can only replace their original replacement.

This season there are 16 Championship fixtures and 4 BSN Series fixtures for each team. Looks like Workington raced their 15th (75%) fixture on Saturday so can they make this change?

Workington have 6 BSN fixtures, so 75% of 22 = 16.5. Could even have 8 BSN fixtures.

Edited by szkocjasid

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Workington have 6 BSN fixtures, so 75% of 22 = 16.5. Could even have 8 BSN fixtures.

It refers to the Championship League which is 16 meetings - 8 each home and away and BSN Series which was 2 home and 2 away so a total of 16. It doesn’t mention the play offs so the total for each team is 20, 75% of which is 15. There is a 3 day rule for team changes so BSPL needed to have been informed on Friday for the announcement to have been made today. As of Friday, Workington had raced 10 league and 4 BSN meetings so under 75%. The change was also advised to BSPL before Celina won heat 14 on Saturday.Was that coincidental or a deliberate FU moment?

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree with this. The rulebook doesn’t say semi final for BSN Series doesn’t count, and since they’ve made it that far, they should be able to claim them.

21 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

So potentially a team could have one or two premiership riders or seven premiership riders .

It could potentionaly have any number.  For instance, Berwick have no Premiership riders in their 1-7....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

It refers to the Championship League which is 16 meetings - 8 each home and away and BSN Series which was 2 home and 2 away so a total of 16. It doesn’t mention the play offs so the total for each team is 20, 75% of which is 15. There is a 3 day rule for team changes so BSPL needed to have been informed on Friday for the announcement to have been made today. As of Friday, Workington had raced 10 league and 4 BSN meetings so under 75%. The change was also advised to BSPL before Celina won heat 14 on Saturday.Was that coincidental or a deliberate FU moment?

There are 4 days till fri or 5 if u count sunday so plenty of time,how many matches do u meed to ride to become an asset??

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

There are 4 days till fri or 5 if u count sunday so plenty of time,how many matches do u meed to ride to become an asset??

Workington reached 15 meetings - league and BSN series - last Saturday so had until then to advise BSPL of the change. Once the meeting vs Poole was finishrd, Workington hit the “no team changes after 75% of their matches” threshold.

On the second point, I’ve no idea. It keeps changing! It was 6 home and 6 away at one point but I’m sure that changed. Perhaps Crescent Girl knows?

You could tell by the  way  Ceiliana rode at Scunthorpe on Friday that she had been told that she was getting released  , the publicity she got earlier in the season helped Workington crowds but now she had to be in the side on merit sadly she wasn’t upto her average  so time for a change

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’d missed that about Manzares and could see the merit in replacing Celina with him rather than him replacing Tate, assuming he comes in on a 4. But Manzares has been unsuccessfully angling for a UK team place for a couple of years now, and you have to wonder why no one has taken him up

if rumour i heard is right gino wants a lot to ride 

workshop and house aswell as other demands 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

if rumour i heard is right gino wants a lot to ride 

workshop and house aswell as other demands 

Well he needs a base to be fair. Hardly going to jet over each home match! If not riding on the continent this becomes a problem!

Gino is/was riding in Sweden, also think he will need a visa to ride in the uk and if like the aussies will have had to finish in the top 3/5 of the national championships. Which I don't think gino has done

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Gino is/was riding in Sweden, also think he will need a visa to ride in the uk and if like the aussies will have had to finish in the top 3/5 of the national championships. Which I don't think gino has done

I believe an International Sportsperson Visa has replaced the old Tier 3 or Tier 5 visa. Supposedly with the correct docs you can get one in 3 weeks or 5 days if you pay more.

8 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

It refers to the Championship League which is 16 meetings - 8 each home and away and BSN Series which was 2 home and 2 away so a total of 16. It doesn’t mention the play offs so the total for each team is 20, 75% of which is 15. There is a 3 day rule for team changes so BSPL needed to have been informed on Friday for the announcement to have been made today. As of Friday, Workington had raced 10 league and 4 BSN meetings so under 75%. The change was also advised to BSPL before Celina won heat 14 on Saturday. Was that coincidental or a deliberate FU moment?

The rules say BSN series, it doesn't say BSN series group stages, so maybe they do count the Semis & finals of that competition?

I think Celina won the last heat because she made the gate, she probably would have won a race in every match of she could make the gate consistently,.

• Like 1