British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Starke & Pijper released by Glasgow. Possible replacements for Leibmann?

Both would come in and do better than celina and Sam. I like sam a lot but it's clear that he is, or atleast should be, on borrowed time.

Celina is ok at home but she's absolutely woeful away. Unfortunately her spot is safe and we all know why.

There's now a few possible reserve replacements out there who would do better. Pijper, perry, starke.

1 minute ago, Woke23 said:

Both would come in and do better than celina and Sam. I like sam a lot but it's clear that he is, or atleast should be, on borrowed time.

Celina is ok at home but she's absolutely woeful away. Unfortunately her spot is safe and we all know why.

There's now a few possible reserve replacements out there who would do better. Pijper, perry, starke.

Have seen celina away now 3 times to say she is voeful is way off the mark,she needs to gate better but she never gives up .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woke23 said:

Both would come in and do better than celina and Sam. I like sam a lot but it's clear that he is, or at least should be, on borrowed time.

Neither Starke or Pijper could replace McGurk. Unless it was Jody Scott, I think I'd stick with Sam, don't see Perry scoring much more than him. But Workington could really do with his reserve partner scoring more.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Neither Starke or Pijper could replace McGurk. Unless it was Jody Scott, I think I'd stick with Sam, don't see Perry scoring much more than him. But Workington could really do with his reserve partner scoring more.

Perry wouldn't score any I really don't see why ppl keep mentioning him as a replacement for any 2 pointer. 

Edited by mc131

50 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Perry wouldn't score any I really don't see why ppl keep mentioning him as a replacement for any 2 pointer. 

I guess some people think of a riders is not doing well, they have to replace them, I'd say they should try to improve on them if they can.

That's almost like what Oxford did, replaced Kerr because he wasn't going well, despite the fact they didn't have a stronger replacement limed up.

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I guess some people think of a riders is not doing well, they have to replace them, I'd say they should try to improve on them if they can.

That's almost like what Oxford did, replaced Kerr because he wasn't going well, despite the fact they didn't have a stronger replacement limed up.

Agree on improving if and when possible but Perry isn't an improvement on any of the 2 pointers imo.

• Like 1

Update from Tate on Facebook.

Update
After a tough first week I am doing a lot better now. I have been up on my feet doing a little bit of walking. The doctors are very happy with my progress and I hope to be out of hospital by the end of this week. Also another injury added to the list I have torn my Gracilis mussel off my pelvis but they have said it won't need surgery and should heal on its own and be back to normal in a few months.
Obviously still in quite a bit of pain but feel like I’m getting stronger every day. When I am released from hospital I will need to come in every 2 days until the doctors are confident we can clean and change the dressings ourselves. Then we come back for the 6 week check up. Hopefully by then I will get the all clear and I will be able to sit on my ass for the 20+ hour flight back home  to Australia. Thank you to everyone for your messages and thanks again for those who have come up to visit me.
Getting the news there is going to be NO long term damage is a relief … bring on next season. 
Doctors report 
6,7,8,9 left lateral rib fracture
- will heal by themselves
Fractures of the spine
T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 bottom of the rib cage
-they are compressed however the ribs will brace them and hold them in place so they would expect they will heal perfectly fine
L2 L3 L4 lumber part of the spine wings on the side are broken off
- will heal by themselves with time
No damage to the spinal cord thankfully
Where the Chain adjuster went into his left cheek ( buttocks)
-Doctors said you actually got quite lucky it only went through the subcontainious tissues without involving the muscles.
The exit wound has been stitched shut
The main concern is making sure the large
entry wound doesn't get infected as it heals. This will take the longest to heal as we would like it to heal on its own.
The latest MR scan of the pelvis showed up a couple of aductor muscles have been torn at the pelvis they are the muscles that bring your legs together these are subtotal (like a very nasty sprain) and they will heal up in time
The worrying one or most damage was done to the Gricillus muscle
It is torn through and through and totally torn off of the pelvis the TNO surgeon said they won’t operate at this point. They may want to go in and rejoin it but he thinks it’s highly unlikely

Edited by screm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, screm said:

Update from Tate on Facebook.

Update
After a tough first week I am doing a lot better now. I have been up on my feet doing a little bit of walking. The doctors are very happy with my progress and I hope to be out of hospital by the end of this week. Also another injury added to the list I have torn my Gracilis mussel off my pelvis but they have said it won't need surgery and should heal on its own and be back to normal in a few months.
Obviously still in quite a bit of pain but feel like I’m getting stronger every day. When I am released from hospital I will need to come in every 2 days until the doctors are confident we can clean and change the dressings ourselves. Then we come back for the 6 week check up. Hopefully by then I will get the all clear and I will be able to sit on my ass for the 20+ hour flight back home  to Australia. Thank you to everyone for your messages and thanks again for those who have come up to visit me.
Getting the news there is going to be NO long term damage is a relief … bring on next season. 
Doctors report 
6,7,8,9 left lateral rib fracture
- will heal by themselves
Fractures of the spine
T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 bottom of the rib cage
-they are compressed however the ribs will brace them and hold them in place so they would expect they will heal perfectly fine
L2 L3 L4 lumber part of the spine wings on the side are broken off
- will heal by themselves with time
No damage to the spinal cord thankfully
Where the Chain adjuster went into his left cheek ( buttocks)
-Doctors said you actually got quite lucky it only went through the subcontainious tissues without involving the muscles.
The exit wound has been stitched shut
The main concern is making sure the large
entry wound doesn't get infected as it heals. This will take the longest to heal as we would like it to heal on its own.
The latest MR scan of the pelvis showed up a couple of aductor muscles have been torn at the pelvis they are the muscles that bring your legs together these are subtotal (like a very nasty sprain) and they will heal up in time
The worrying one or most damage was done to the Gricillus muscle
It is torn through and through and totally torn off of the pelvis the TNO surgeon said they won’t operate at this point. They may want to go in and rejoin it but he thinks it’s highly unlikely

Sounds positive news regarding injury healing process sounds horrendous but wish him a speedy recovery and a return to racing.He is a real talent and seems a pleasant guy.

• Like 2

I’m glad to read that Tate is slowly on the mend to talk about next season just goes to show the mental strength of the fella,and it goes to show what great things the Ben fund does for riders.lets just hope that Workington do not get biblical rain (hmm) like. What happened last Saturday which caused the Plymouth match to be off because it’s a great cause.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m glad to read that Tate is slowly on the mend to talk about next season just goes to show the mental strength of the fella,and it goes to show what great things the Ben fund does for riders.lets just hope that Workington do not get biblical rain (hmm) like. What happened last Saturday which caused the Plymouth match to be off because it’s a great cause.

Vissing isn't riding in ben fund,he's still on holiday so will definitely be on

18 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

The injuries listed for tate should be a good reason for all to attend ben fund Saturday

Might be better if they came on Sunday.........

But yes, a vital need for funding in the sport, assisting fallen riders.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, scaramanga said:

The injuries listed for tate should be a good reason for all to attend ben fund Saturday

Ben Fund SUNDAY  . YOU will be the only one on Saturday that turns up  !