British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Could have changed start time to a couple of hrs earlier. Definitely not the football a viable excuse. 

no need to panic .

10 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Any reason? Forecast seems ok

44 minutes ago, comet49 said:

It was said because of this weeks weather and the forecast for tomorrow.

Then they should have said because of this weeks weather, not the forecast - which looked decent.

Edited by szkocjasid

5 hours ago, Woke23 said:

So I had a wander down to the track today to see the damage from the torrential rain we've been having. As you can see, the track is good enough for a swim but that's about it. So you plymouth fans can settle yourselves down.

P.s. I definitely didn't google "flooded speedway track to shut up those muppets from Plymouth".

Screenshot_20240705_145442_Google.jpg

Let me assure anyone who looks at this.....THIS IS NOT WORKINGTON COMETS GT ARENA NORTHSIDE !!!!!    

I dont know where it is, but the only similarity with our track is that is seems to have a railway line running close by !

I live in Workington only 1 mile from the track and all week we have had SOME occasional rain, mainly showers, but not anything like enough to cause the amount of flooding in the photo above. 

THIS PHOTO IS A HOAX AND IS NOT WORKINGTON COMETS ARENA !!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Woke23 said:

So I had a wander down to the track today to see the damage from the torrential rain we've been having. As you can see, the track is good enough for a swim but that's about it. So you plymouth fans can settle yourselves down.

P.s. I definitely didn't google "flooded speedway track to shut up those muppets from Plymouth".

Jeez that really is terrible, I hope they get it sorted after that deluge.  The track staff have their work cut out.  Shame for the Comets that.

37 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Let me assure anyone who looks at this.....THIS IS NOT WORKINGTON COMETS GT ARENA NORTHSIDE !!!!!    

I dont know where it is, but the only similarity with our track is that is seems to have a railway line running close by !

I live in Workington only 1 mile from the track and all week we have had SOME occasional rain, mainly showers, but not anything like enough to cause the amount of flooding in the photo above. 

Peoria, Illinois, USA

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/peoria-speedway-flood-puts-dirt-track-underwater-racing-news--347973508697349947/

Edited by StevePark

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Looks to me like Richie Worrall has been saving a sample up for another piss test to prove he's innocent... 

7 hours ago, K7KDD said:

Jeez that really is terrible, I hope they get it sorted after that deluge.  The track staff have their work cut out.  Shame for the Comets that.

Dear All

"Wish we weren't here"

"Very wet holiday"

CV

15 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Thanks for the clarity marra. My grandma was just about to set up a gofundme for comets. 

Also heard there were flying pigs spotted by the shore.

15 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Jesus you need to liven up and get a sense of humour.

7 hours ago, HGould said:

Dear All

"Wish we weren't here"

"Very wet holiday"

CV

There have been some interesting clues as to what one poster really THINKS the meeting was postponed for.  And those clues havent been spotted by many on here. Look closer at some recent posts !  You might be surprised !  Many of you might be missing the point.  I still believe its for the "bad forecast".

3 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Jesus you need to liven up and get a sense of humour.

I do have a sense of humour. But upsetting fans by posting HOAX photos and putting them off visiting Northside, will detract from potential revenue, and these days more than ever, we dont want to lose money !  One poster seemingly already BELIEVED that photo !!   Have a laugh yes, but not if it any way affects Workington Comets revenue !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I do have a sense of humour. But upsetting fans by posting HOAX photos and putting them off visiting Northside, will detract from potential revenue, and these days more than ever, we dont want to lose money !  One poster seemingly already BELIEVED that photo !!   Have a laugh yes, but not if it any way affects Workington Comets revenue !

They’ve had your pants down here. Pretty certain 99% of people knew this was a joke. Calm down for goodness sake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I do have a sense of humour  hahahaha good joke !!!!!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Woke23 said:

Get some sawdust down...

The lads out in boiler suits...

And the Captains doing a few laps each to spread around the slop, and we would be all good to go by half three...

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Get some sawdust down...

The lads out in boiler suits...

And the Captains doing a few laps each to spread around the slop, and we would be all good to go by half three...

is that kirky lane you are on about  ?

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I mean it clearly wasn't real and the clue was in the post.  

• Like 2