British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

22 minutes ago, Biffa said:

I think Rew only had a visa for 1 league so couldn’t ride championship at the time, haven’t got a clue how the Visa’s work but think that was the reason. 

Also doesn't he ride in Denmark and Poland? So be a few clashes I would have thought! 

10 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is Richie Worrall off the cocaine yet?

Never paid the fine allegedly so can’t resume riding until it’s paid.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Is Richie Worrall off the cocaine yet?

no need to put one bad apple into a decent crop of better ones . also  , all the money richie has made out of speedway and yet he cant/wont pay the fine that would enable him to persue a job he loved . or did he not like doing it ? that tells you where most of the money went .

On 7/3/2024 at 11:53 AM, Skidder1 said:

Gino Manzares coming over for the BEN Fund meeting so maybe worth a try - assuming he hasn't already been snapped up elsewhere?!

The lad you should be looking is Alex Martin, the other Yank in the BenFund meeting.  Much younger, huge potential... 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The lad you should be looking is the other Yank in the BenFund meeting.  Much younger, huge potential... 

Surely should be the delightfully named slater lightcap if going after any young American, if nothing else for the wonderful name!

In all seriousness I see broc is in the American team for the SON, if he's managed to get his shoulder in better shape be a better shout than manzares imo

• Like 1

Statement taken from Tate’s Facebook this morning.

Hello everyone just want to jump on and thank everyone for all the messages and hospital visits this means a lot I haven't been able to get back to everyone but thanks everyone. It's going to be a long bumpy road to recovery I will spend the coming weeks in hospital fighting to get better each day. It has been a rough few days so far but we will keep flighting. So far I can let you all know I have fractured 7 vertebrae and 5 ribs and have a nasty entry and exit hole in my left bum cheek where I was penetrated by my bike when I followed by bike into the fence. I have so far had 1 surgery on my ass cheek and have been told I will need a couple more in the coming days. I want to let everyone know this crash was 100% a racing incident and nobody is at flat. I will keep everyone updated on what is happening next

Edited by CTD26
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Statement taken from Tate’s Facebook this morning.

Hello everyone just want to jump on and thank everyone for all the messages and hospital visits this means a lot I haven't been able to get back to everyone but thanks everyone. It's going to be a long bumpy road to recovery I will spend the coming weeks in hospital fighting to get better each day. It has been a rough few days so far but we will keep flighting. So far I can let you all know I have fractured 7 vertebrae and 5 ribs and have a nasty entry and exit hole in my left bum cheek where I was penetrated by my bike when I followed by bike into the fence. I have so far had 1 surgery on my ass cheek and have been told I will need a couple more in the coming days. I want to let everyone know this crash was 100% a racing incident and nobody is at flat. I will keep everyone updated on what is happening next

Keep smiling through rosy cheeks tate:D

• Like 1

A fundraiser has been set up by 2 top gentleman to help Tate with recovery, replacing his machinery and to help his Mam travel over to be with him. Link is below.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-tate-zischkes-recovery-after-season-ending-crash?attribution_id=sl:ed445d5d-de18-4b91-b487-70933b83e4cb&utm_campaign=pd_ss_icons&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

Tate now announced about the injury to his backside, few knew of this but kept it quiet. I gather it was an awful situation for those on track with mechanics having to dismantle the bike that had penetrated him with great care and guidance from medics due to other injuries to his back etc .

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Any reason? Forecast seems ok

Copied and Pasted off Facebook:

Tomorrow’s home fixture against the Plymouth Gladiators has been postponed due to the week’s bad weather we have received, as well as tomorrow’s forecast.
A new date TBC as soon as possible…

So I had a wander down to the track today to see the damage from the torrential rain we've been having. As you can see, the track is good enough for a swim but that's about it. So you plymouth fans can settle yourselves down.

P.s. I definitely didn't google "flooded speedway track to shut up those muppets from Plymouth".

Screenshot_20240705_145442_Google.jpg

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

So I had a wander down to the track today to see the damage from the torrential rain we've been having. As you can see, the track is good enough for a swim but that's about it. So you plymouth fans can settle yourselves down.

P.s. I definitely didn't google "flooded speedway track to shut up those muppets from Plymouth".

Screenshot_20240705_145442_Google.jpg

how long have we had floodkights at the GT areana then  ?    (floodlights ) ha, ha.

Edited by j2ohh
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

how long have we had floodkights at the GT areana then  ?    (floodlights ) ha, ha.

8 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

also look how many buildings have floated  next to the track 

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

also look how many buildings have floated  next to the track 

looks like the showers have been left on and its watered everything including the rice fields  ..