British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

11 hours ago, Grachan said:

To make a switch at reserve would be a major error. Both reserves are improving week by week and are great to watch.

Workington is my favourite team right now. Two ex Swindon riders, 3 exciting new foreigners, solid number one and a raw 100% tryer at no 7.

This team needs sticking with. I've already got my credit card ready for the next time they are on the telly!

I'd disagree with that. If they think they can find a reserve who will score more why is that a "major error"?

If you said, the reserves are slowly improving, the early worries may prove unfounded, I hope they're given longer & prove it was right to keep them - then that'd make sense.

Can someone tell me where any better reserves are gonna come from ? Don't forget the team is put together on a budget. Moneybags Glasgow are also on the lookout to replace complin and maybe others. Imo we are doing OK for our 1st season back, get behind the team and enjoy the ride. UTC

• Like 7

On 5/19/2024 at 8:02 PM, rearingtogo said:

You are absolutely right in what you say. The club must stay focused and strive to be ambitious. Such a great start to the season, and to win a trophy changes need to be made asap.carry one poor reserve like Poole did and won the league 2 years ago but to carry 2 it will be an impossible task. To make things worse if 1 of the top five get injured again points will be thrown away.

is this is how true speedway fans see this .

On 5/20/2024 at 12:27 PM, Grachan said:

To make a switch at reserve would be a major error. Both reserves are improving week by week and are great to watch.

Workington is my favourite team right now. Two ex Swindon riders, 3 exciting new foreigners, solid number one and a raw 100% tryer at no 7.

This team needs sticking with. I've already got my credit card ready for the next time they are on the telly!

as does this post .

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd disagree with that. If they think they can find a reserve who will score more why is that a "major error"?

If you said, the reserves are slowly improving, the early worries may prove unfounded, I hope they're given longer & prove it was right to keep them - then that'd make sense.

so , you start a new job and it takes time to settle in . its not like a light switch when its either off or on .

last weeks meeting against edinburgh was close racing , but the scores did not look that way.

Celina won the reserves race in a FASTER time than  Tate in ht 1 .

even when Celona got pushed out on the first bend , she made the ground up on the front three .

both reserves are improving at their own rate  and deserve time to get to grips with everything

you also have to look at  CELINAS sponsor (ray fisher bodyworks ) how do you think they feel about that . this could damage any further involvement with help from them with the riders  .

i think about  %95 of fans who turn up @ worky do like the effort both  put into it , but speedway does not work like that ..

to to see Celins and Sam  doing their best to improve bit by bit .didnt Sam beat kyle howarth at worky v scuunthorpe . more progress from these two  .we are NOT glasgow and drop riders like hot spuds .

we are supporters who love the sport for what it is . up the marras . speedway would be a borefest if changes were made to win a silver tin pot worth about £10.00 .

Edited by j2ohh
added a few xtra bits in ..
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, j2ohh said:

is this is how true speedway fans see this .

as does this post .

so , you start a new job and it takes time to settle in . its not like a light switch when its either off or on .

last weeks meeting against edinburgh was close racing , but the scores did not look that way.

Celina won the reserves race in a FASTER time than  Tate in ht 1 .

even when Celona got pushed out on the first bend , she made the ground up on the front three .

both reserves are improving at their own rate  and deserve time to get to grips with everything

you also have to look at  CELINAS sponsor (ray fisher bodyworks ) how do you think they feel about that . this could damage any further involvement with help from them with the riders  .

i think about  %95 of fans who turn up @ worky do like the effort both  put into it , but speedway does not work like that ..

to to see Celins and Sam  doing their best to improve bit by bit .didnt Sam beat kyle howarth at worky v scuunthorpe . more progress from these two  .we are NOT glasgow and drop riders like hot spuds .

we are supporters who love the sport for what it is . up the marras . speedway would be a borefest if changes were made to win a silver tin pot worth about £10.00 .

Ok, I can sort of go with what your saying.

I seen at pool recently that rich lawson an tom brennan took time after the meeting to work with there young reserve (max perry) on his gating.

So my point being, imo we have the best gater in the league (cookie) add to that batch has rode at the highest level, no disrespect but both these guys have been better riders than lawson an brennan, why don't we tap into these qualities an ask them to spend some time with celina? 

1 minute ago, Midget said:

I seen at pool recently that rich lawson an tom brennan took time after the meeting to work with there young reserve (max perry) on his gating.

So my point being, imo we have the best gater in the league (cookie) add to that batch has rode at the highest level, no disrespect but both these guys have been better riders than lawson an brennan, why don't we tap into these qualities an ask them to spend some time with celina? 

Cooks track record with women it could all end in tears or court.

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Go back to your Plymouth cave, this is the comets thread.  FYI it got withdrawn 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Midget said:

you only have to listen to all the new riders in the 2024 team to hear how much time they spend on the track trying to iron things out . it will come, it takes time . .

Edited by j2ohh

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Yet another strong unelaborated statement from you. You never explained your last one regarding what financial help Workington received from the speedway authorities and how the chairman helped put the team together ;)  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, j2ohh said:

you only have to listen to all the new riders in the 2024 team to hear how much time they spend on the track trying to iron things out . it will come, it takes time . .

Seen on a few times also, batch seems to be helping Antti quite a bit too, which is good to see.

3 hours ago, Midget said:

I think they have been quite helpful.

4 hours ago, Midget said:

You know what's infuriating? When people forget about our other, younger reserve rider. Its not about just improving celina because she's a woman. It's about improving and helping reserve riders because they are young riders who could do with it. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bigdave said:

Tate Zischke is on the front cover of this weeks Speedway Star. He also talks about how he is loving life with Workington!

Very personable, modest, level headed young man as well a talent on a Speedway bike. His family must be very proud of him along with Darcy Ward and all his sponsors. For 18 years old he has been deeply impressive. Good on ya young Tate. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

any news on Celina and how she is doing  .  . she is a one off  and miss her  cos she never gives up .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, j2ohh said:

any news on Celina and how she is doing  .  . she is a one off  and miss her  cos she never gives up .

She's active on social media listing the meetings she has planned in the UK & Germany including the Women's Speedway Academy and Women's World Cup towards the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1