British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

11 hours ago, Neila said:

That team would score some good points BUT the crowd the last 2 meetings was well down, don't think it would be affordable especially if we are well beat at Poole again 

I wouldn’t think that’s too much of an issue at all, you still have to pay 7 riders. Especially when you factor in the amount Claus costs with all his travel from Denmark and Aberdeen included

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Who will guest for Cook on Wednesday?  Lewi Kerr looks favourite.........or maybe go r/r?😉

I'd be pretty happy with Lewi or Danny King for Cookie, Dan Thomson for Tate and Anders Rowe for Claus.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I'd be pretty happy with Lewi or Danny King for Cookie, Dan Thomson for Tate and Anders Rowe for Claus.

Someone said Danny King is not taking guest bookings as he's still not fully recovered from injury

Edited by Skidder1

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I just love how so many people on here "hear" things.

Where do they hear them?     And why do they never name the source of what they overhear? 

I heard it through the grapevine oooo I heard it through the grape vine.

Edited by tyretrax

On 9/9/2024 at 8:14 AM, 1stbendharry said:

I heard comets were trying to get Kennan Rew for Wednesday at Poole

“This Wednesday at Poole Lewis Kerr will replace Cookie at number 1, Jason Edwards will also come in at 2, and Leon Flint at 4." - James Denham

6 hours ago, bigdave said:

“This Wednesday at Poole Lewis Kerr will replace Cookie at number 1, Jason Edwards will also come in at 2, and Leon Flint at 4." - James Denham

So basically the comets havnt learned from last time at Poole an are taking sh!t guests. Look out for another low crowd on Saturday if a big score against happens as expected tomorrow 

53 minutes ago, Midget said:

So basically the comets havnt learned from last time at Poole an are taking sh!t guests. Look out for another low crowd on Saturday if a big score against happens as expected tomorrow 

Suppose you know that the likes of Riss were available then??? 

Care to enlighten everyone with who they should have chosen? considering there are 4 teams they can't choose from... 

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Considering Edwards scored 12 pts at Poole for Redcar would hardy call him a Sh#t .Kerr and Flint could scored as many as the men they are replacing IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Great attitude to have is that. If people stay away because of that, then they’re not true fans. Support the team through the good and the bad, just be thankful we’ve got speedway back at Workington.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Think you said similar things in the BSN cup semi final, and you stayed away on the Saturday with many others, BUT it was one of the best meetings of the season,  Saturday could be the same.

All comets fans should make it down to northside to cheer on the comets,  and show the promotion that the fans will support speedway going forward into 2025  UTC 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Midget said:

I don't think the choice of guests can be criticised at all. It's what is available to us and all make sense over other choices.

Erik Riss was over in Germany racing yesterday, it leaves not a lot of choice. Kerr has made slow progress since his injury comeback but is on the up again and rode there last sunday in Lawson's testimonial.

Edwards did a job last time 6+2 which is probably around what Tate would score there or more.

Flint will do okay, 4/5 points. Claus is so hit and miss anyways who knows what he would score

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I don't think the choice of guests can be criticised at all. It's what is available to us and all make sense over other choices.

Erik Riss was over in Germany racing yesterday, it leaves not a lot of choice. Kerr has made slow progress since his injury comeback but is on the up again and rode there last sunday in Lawson's testimonial.

Edwards did a job last time 6+2 which is probably around what Tate would score there or more.

Flint will do okay, 4/5 points. Claus is so hit and miss anyways who knows what he would score

Exactly. Vissing and Cook haven't scored that well at Poole this season so Kerr and Flint would at least do the same, at best score a few more points than they did. 

Edwards normally scores anything between 5-12, just never know which way it is going to go! Maybe he should get some tips from Chris and Jack Holder to score high more consistently at Poole 😉

Edited by lisa-colette