British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I've heard they've already signed Bradley Wilson-Dean for next season.

Consider he said he done with uk Speedway  i would be surprised .

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

Consider he said he done with uk Speedway  i would be surprised .

Plymouth will sign him and try and get a guest for the rest of the season when he is unavailable,  just like Covati  and Kennet :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P T Preece said:

What has happened to the fixture  on the 29th June, isn't still on.

Was meant to be Scunthorpe at Home but was changed months ago and brought forward a week to the 22nd June instead.

• 2 weeks later...

British speedway Facebook page was in very bad taste for around 15 minutes, as they had horrific photos of tates crash posted, this while the poor kid was still on track bring cared for by ambulance crews, thankfully was taken down. Can I ask what British speedway were doing putting up such photos at this time when we don't know how bad Tate is injured 

• Like 1

Horrible crash no one likes to see that , maybe your team neila can sign Wilson dean on a short term deal seeing as Plymouth won’t need him these leg injuries take a while to get over I hope for the lads sake it is not as bad as feared, on the positive for Workington I suppose if the scenario is bad which I truly hope is not the case you will have 28 days to find someone and not a day more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Horrible crash no one likes to see that , maybe your team neila can sign Wilson dean on a short term deal seeing as Plymouth won’t need him these leg injuries take a while to get over I hope for the lads sake it is not as bad as feared, on the positive for Workington I suppose if the scenario is bad which I truly hope is not the case you will have 28 days to find someone and not a day more.

1) that's not a rule

2) I'm sure Workington are more concerned with Tate's health before worrying about a replacement.

Yes they may eventually have to plan ahead, but not now.

While you have clearly stated you hope he's not badly hurt, can't help but think the post isn't in good taste. Until his injuries are known, I wouldn't speculate on if they'll need to replace him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

:icon_smile_clown::wink: especially at this yime when we don't know how serious condition tate is in, did not look good . Get well soon tate

The real dangers our heros take to entertain us have shown there ugly side last night,i havent nor want to see the crash i just hope tate is ok,a young lad away from home in hospital this morn with such talent let us comets fans make sure he gets the best care 

• Like 2

Now his injuries are known, I feel I can wonder what Comets will do. r/r not ideal with a reserve having to take an extra ride, luckily for Workington Tate's average had gone up to help with guests / a replacement.

Really sad news for Zischke, who was having one of the best debut British seasons for a long while.

Get well soon Tate.

Edited by szkocjasid

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1) that's not a rule

2) I'm sure Workington are more concerned with Tate's health before worrying about a replacement.

Yes they may eventually have to plan ahead, but not now.

While you have clearly stated you hope he's not badly hurt, can't help but think the post isn't in good taste. Until his injuries are known, I wouldn't speculate on if they'll need to replace him.

As I said I hoped the lads injuries were not bad, my comments were made as a certain person on here has made so many derogatory comments about our no 1s injuries I did not hear you say his comments were in poor tastes so think on.Said person has done nothing but slag off my team.

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

As I said I hoped the lads injuries were not bad, my comments were made as a certain person on here has made so many derogatory comments about our no 1s injuries I did not hear you say his comments were in poor tastes so think on.Said person has done nothing but slag off my team.

I’m not agreeing with said person, cause to be honest, I don’t agree or like the majority of things they say. But, there is a time and a place. That place is not when an 18 year old, is laying on a track with serious injuries that nobody knew the extent of.

Edited by CTD26
  • Like 1