British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

51 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Yeah I’ve been having a look too and not really a lot to chose from. Dan Thompson has started the season well so I’d probably take him. 

For the home meeting, who would be eligible for a ride on r/r? All confusing with 2 on the same assessed average

Id be more tempted to use r/r at Glasgow if vuolas was nominated as the senior rider on 5. Claus will get a ride and he flies round ashfield and I doubt Tate take long to get to grips with the place. Those 2 rides alone would score more than Dan T based on previous visits to ashfield imo. Taking a gamble his upturn in form translated to tracks not been great at before. 

However if not the senior the guest makes more sense 

Edited by Jaizer

Workington have nominated 

Tate as 4th in the averages and Antti 5th so if they used R/R for Antti only Tate, Sam and Celina could take rides (1 above and rest below)

As they used the IRR rule (this only allows riders below) today only the reserves could take a ride.

6 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Workington have nominated 

Tate as 4th in the averages and Antti 5th so if they used R/R for Antti only Tate, Sam and Celina could take rides (1 above and rest below)

As they used the IRR rule (this only allows riders below) today only the reserves could take a ride.

Can the team not be re-declared ahead of the new May averages I wonder?

i.e Antti gets nominated as the senior 5 point rider. Who knows!

Edited by Marksman

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Can the team not be re-declared ahead of the new May averages I wonder?

i.e Antti gets nominated as the senior 5 point rider. Who knows!

Wouldn't of thought so but this is speedway. Anything can happen

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If using r/r at home, move it to number 2 so reserves are out with Cook 3 times & Tate goes in heat 8. But think I'd go with James Pearson if available.

Not sure he's available on Friday :D

He might be for the KO Cup second leg the next day though.

55 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If using r/r at home, move it to number 2 so reserves are out with Cook 3 times & Tate goes in heat 8. But think I'd go with James Pearson if available.

20 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I was talking about the KOC match at home r/r at 2 or Pearson.

21 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

You'll need all the riders you've got, seen as ace and complin will be out, just a shame antti is out, as I think the tiggers could be beaten :o

Losing Antti for the KOC meeting is a big blow to the chances of overturning the 13 point deficit. It's a tricky one because I also believe we may need a guest for Celina who could be riding in a European Qualifier of some sort. If we could get a decent guest such as Ashton Boughen for Celina then it is a hard call between r/r at 2 or guest such as Dan T/James Pearson.

Edited by SteelShoe

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Won't be boughen guesting for celina next Saturday.he will be racing for oxford that night against Plymouth.

just seen that, unfortunate as not Plymouths usual race night. 6 teams in action that night cuts options right down. probably only really  Paul Starke for Celina and James Pearson for Antti if we don't use r/r.

4 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

just seen that, unfortunate as not Plymouths usual race night. 6 teams in action that night cuts options right down. probably only really  Paul Starke for Celina and James Pearson for Antti if we don't use r/r.

Saturday is Plymouth’s race night.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neila said:

You'll need all the riders you've got, seen as ace and complin will be out, just a shame antti is out, as I think the tiggers could be beaten :o

I know Ace is out for Wednesday, didn't realise he's out for Friday too. That leaves us with very few options. I think it might just be Freddy Hodder from Championship teams.

But yes, we are very beatable, not that Oxford managed it, somehow! Claus should wipe the floor with our 3/4 and no reason to believe Tate will struggle. I think Claus will be the difference.

I think the only real choice was him looking at who's available on Saturday.for the Friday if possible I'd go for plymouths dan Thompson.hes on fire right now.after that it would be berwicks Hume.

Stick my neck out a bit here

Celina is only 2nd track reserve for Saturday. I'd say she has no chance of qualifying in that field even if a couple of riders drop out at short notice. At this stage in her career I would have thought she would give Worky priority. Sure she could have said she doesn't want to ride in the meeting to the German authorities. Think Huckenbeck told them he doesn't want to do any FIM Europe meetings

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Stick my neck out a bit here

Celina is only 2nd track reserve for Saturday. I'd say she has no chance of qualifying in that field even if a couple of riders drop out at short notice. At this stage in her career I would have thought she would give Worky priority. Sure she could have said she doesn't want to ride in the meeting to the German authorities. Think Huckenbeck told them he doesn't want to do any FIM Europe meetings

Get your point would love Celina to put the vomets 1st  but I think the Germans will want here at the meeting from a PR point