British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

I think Batchelor is a decent enough signing, average should improve with less top heat leaders about this year. Leaves enough room for Vissing as 3rd heat leader. 

If the the potential improvement of Vuolas & Zischke comes through, looks a play-off side to me.

• Like 1

He was probably the best available on that sort of average out of what was left . 

You can look at it positively,  you have two ex-GP regulars spearheading the side in a watered down league . 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Batchelor is a decent enough signing, average should improve with less top heat leaders about this year. Leaves enough room for Vissing as 3rd heat leader. 

If the the potential improvement of Vuolas & Zischke comes through, looks a play-off side to me.

dont disagree but just a bit nervous over troy 

hopefully we get the last rider tomorrow 

no point draging it out im sure a few allready know who it is 

but on a positive we know its not likely to be roynon

35 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

lets hope its batch at ed/bra and not workington

26 minutes ago, 1stbendharry said:

Troy Batchelor signing number 6

oh well . lucky edinburgh ehh . my worst nightmare just shot up on my screen .

not my idea of a heatleader . hope to be proven wrong

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Vissing ? there is only room for one moaner in the team

Just like the liebmann signing the batchelor one has got fans talking. You have to remember with batchelor it was only a couple of seasons ago he was banging in the points for Kent in a much weaker league, although the same could be said of cook. One thing for certain with this team though it’ll be entertaining.

Welcome to Workington Troy!

Good for the team to have some experience in there and Troy has plenty of it as with Cookie. So we now have 2 former GP riders. In response to the negative stuff about batch that’s in the past he’s a Comet now and I’m sure he will get the backing of the fans. Only one more rider to go I can’t wait to see the new team on track!

Scunny away is our first trip let’s get behind the team!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

dont disagree but just a bit nervous over troy 

I'm a bit nervous for you with everyone really... there's a lot of question marks in that Worky line-up

7 minutes ago, HARLEY11A said:

Vissing is ok or Hans Andersen on 6.32 av.

Yep. Hans is the perfect signing. Just need everyone to climb aboard the De Lorean in back to the future, turn the clock to 2010, then you have a championship winning team. 

Seriously, Cook, Batchelor and Vissing, if he is the missing link, have no improvement in them. You have Antti Vuolas 5.0 and Tate Zischke 5.00 who look good prospects, and a team needs riders who can improve. I wish Workington a successful season with good crowds, good racing and goodwill.  But the touted team won’t get near the playoffs. The inclusion of Celina Leibman is great for publicity but seriously? Would Englands best female player get a team place at Swindon Town or Wigan? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep. Hans is the perfect signing. Just need everyone to climb aboard the De Lorean in back to the future, turn the clock to 2010, then you have a championship winning team. 

Ah yes 2010... When Tate was 5, Sam was 4, Celina was 9 and Antti was 11. Plenty of youth in the team :D

Not a fan of Craig or Troy... Could both go either way but hopefully they can keep focused... Wide open track like that should suit them both, hope it's slick :rofl:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Ah yes 2010... When Tate was 5, Sam was 4, Celina was 9 and Antti was 11. Plenty of youth in the team :D

Not a fan of Craig or Troy... Could both go either way but hopefully they can keep focused... Wide open track like that should suit them both, hope it's slick :rofl:

I was writing about your top three. If Cook has sorted out his personal issues, and Batchelor is in the mood, the team has a decent chance of winning some home meetings, but not against the top sides in the league. The Workington track is big and wide, so no fear for away riders even on their first visit. The reserves are desperately weak in my opinion. But there are weaker sides. Berwick, Edinburgh, Plymouth.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

No I was hoping it was not Troy reading some posts earlier. He is well past his best and former he certainly is.

Hard to work with to going of a few past clubs stories so with our young novice team manager who has only looked after the kids team. He gonna have his work cut out looking after the young lads our female rider then Cooke and Troy.

Very strange signing will win heats when he Gates but if not will be just taking the piss at the back.