British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

3 hours ago, Biffa said:

Slightly off topic but who will now ride in the pairs on Friday for Glasgow. Normally recent signings aren’t allowed and if Leon is at Cardiff as GP reserve, does this mean James Pearson will partner Bomber ?

Given we had Adam Roynon a few years ago riding for Plymouth despite being a Scunthorpe rider would be a bit rich to refuse a member of a 1-7 to compete... However this is the bspl so who knows 

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Given we had Adam Roynon a few years ago riding for Plymouth despite being a Scunthorpe rider would be a bit rich to refuse a member of a 1-7 to compete... However this is the bspl so who knows 

They did just that when Joe Screen signed for Glasgow in June 2010 and he wasn’t permitted to ride in the Pairs the following month. My recollection, possibly flawed, was it was a stitch up to stop Glasgow winning the Pairs. Which they did the following year. With James Grieves. And, of course, Joe Screen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't think this replacement was allowed under the rules, I make it that Glasgow have raced 15/20 matches (75% of their season). 

At that stage only change allowed is riders coming back from injury. Otherwise Redcar could've replaced Bailey with a 28 day replacement if they weren't allowed to drop him permanently?

Unless Glasgow made the change on Friday night / Saturday morning before the Plymouth match, but didn't announce it till now?

One of the perks of being the league sponsors innit. 

23 hours ago, MB723 said:

Unless they close the transfer window when the 16th meeting has started as you'd then have breached the 75% instead of just hitting it, who knows :blink:

010.3.1 says 'No team changes will be allowed once that team has completed 75% of their fixtures'

So it is Bomber and Anders tomorrow in the Pairs . As for the argument against Anders , did Craig Watson not make his Tigers debut in the Pairs at Somerset a few years back ? 

I dont buy into this he must have ridden so many matches nonsense , if he's a signed rider then he can ride .

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Paulco said:

So it is Bomber and Anders tomorrow in the Pairs . As for the argument against Anders , did Craig Watson not make his Tigers debut in the Pairs at Somerset a few years back ? 

I dont buy into this he must have ridden so many matches nonsense , if he's a signed rider then he can ride .

He did! 

Came second didn't you?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Paulco said:

I dont buy into this he must have ridden so many matches nonsense , if he's a signed rider then he can ride.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's not a like a team is gonna sign a rider just to win the Pairs Championship.

23 hours ago, Paulco said:

Totally agree, let’s remember that speedway is an entertainment sport first and foremost and you want to see the better riders in meetings like this, with zero insult meant to Jack Smith or James Pearson would people rather see them in the meeting or Anders Rowe? I know I much prefer all teams to be as strong as possible……

albeit as a Monarchs fan that may change if Glasgow win this evening then I’ll be calling them all the cheats under the sun and saying how ridiculous the decision was to allow Anders to ride :-):-)

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Totally agree, let’s remember that speedway is an entertainment sport first and foremost and you want to see the better riders in meetings like this, with zero insult meant to Jack Smith or James Pearson would people rather see them in the meeting or Anders Rowe? I know I much prefer all teams to be as strong as possible……

albeit as a Monarchs fan that may change if Glasgow win this evening then I’ll be calling them all the cheats under the sun and saying how ridiculous the decision was to allow Anders to ride :-):-)

We'll do well with Anders, but I don't think you need to worry about us winning.