British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Not many guest options. Might be good to try and sign a 28 day replacement.

Very limited guest options with six teams riding on just about every Friday from July till the end of August. Is there any certainty that Steve will be over it by the end of his months sick line? Its beyond the transfer/signing deadline - 75% of your BSN and league fixtures. Some difficult decisions to be made with little hard facts on which to base them.

Haven't been able to watch SON ivacic looks like done ok? Still like the young Norwegian pollestad, looks a talent. 

Beating Becker no mean feat and seems to be able to gate pretty consistently from what updates saying.

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Haven't been able to watch SON ivacic looks like done ok? Still like the young Norwegian pollestad, looks a talent. 

Beating Becker no mean feat and seems to be able to gate pretty consistently from what updates saying.

Would he come in on a 5.00 average. Swap out Jack Smith for him perhaps. One for next year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beirao said:

Would he come in on a 5.00 average. Swap out Jack Smith for him perhaps. One for next year?

Honestly not sure. I know he's ridden U24 on Poland so must be a 5, he may have ridden in 3rd tier so does that mean a 6 like ilicic? I've no idea any more. The anti tarasenko rule has me more confused than scooby doo

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Honestly not sure. I know he's ridden U24 on Poland so must be a 5, he may have ridden in 3rd tier so does that mean a 6 like ilicic? I've no idea any more. The anti tarasenko rule has me more confused than scooby doo

Depends on average. Under 24 only: 5. 3rd tier, average 4.50 or higher: 6.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Couple of videos on the group discussion page of Matic at SON 

• Thanks 1

Steve ruled out for 28 days and with potential guests being really short in number even a 28 day replacement is looking unlikely. With his 8.09 the anti taresenko rule, rules out all of the half decent riders on the continent. Maybe Riss fancies a month stint. The 28 days takes us past the 75% cut off but I'm not sure if they'll make exemptions because of long term illness?

7 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Steve ruled out for 28 days and with potential guests being really short in number even a 28 day replacement is looking unlikely. With his 8.09 the anti taresenko rule, rules out all of the half decent riders on the continent. Maybe Riss fancies a month stint. The 28 days takes us past the 75% cut off but I'm not sure if they'll make exemptions because of long term illness?

The gamble is, will he be fully fit after his month break or should we be looking for an 8 pointer to replace him (if there are any)?

12 minutes ago, MB723 said:

The gamble is, will he be fully fit after his month break or should we be looking for an 8 pointer to replace him (if there are any)?

2024-07-11.png

• Like 1

This is the worst season ever for continuity in fixtures, breaks of between 3 and 5 weeks for home fixtures is not good enough, feels like the close season already and who said yes to away to Edinburgh on the Friday and then away to Plymouth on the Saturday and it isn't Plymouth's normal race day, how come some teams managed a little Southern/ Northern tour and we get that kind of s**t. If next season is not better co-ordinated then I can see speedway going down the toilet  as we will lose fans in droves as they find something else to do, in fact it has already started if you go by recent crowd numbers. Rant over, just missing live speedway !!

Edited by Weeyin
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

This is the worst season ever for continuity in fixtures, breaks of between 3 and 5 weeks for home fixtures is not good enough, feels like the close season already and who said yes to away to Edinburgh on the Friday and then away to Plymouth on the Saturday and it isn't Plymouth's normal race day, how come some teams managed a little Southern/ Northern tour and we get that kind of s**t. If next season is not better co-ordinated then I can see speedway going down the toilet  as we will lose fans in droves as they find something else to do, in fact it has already started if you go by recent crowd numbers. Rant over, just missing live speedway !!

Absolutely right, I know alot people who don't go to any speedway because of how it's run nowadays. 

43 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I think Saturday is now Plymouth's first choice of race night. Did we turn down Tuesdays because Chris Harris rides that night in Sweden and were we careless in accepting this particular Saturday. We've  had all season to change it but have done nothing. Not sure who in our club is responsible for this bloomer - for once possibly not Cami Brown - but it could scupper our play off hopes as I feel we need to win at Armadale and P,though to have a chance of making the top four. 

6 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Spot on I forgot about the Berwick meeting 2 weeks ago or was it 3 might have been 4 but I am at the stage now I am not fussed about whether I go now or not and I always looked forward to my WEEKLY speedway night.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Spot on I forgot about the Berwick meeting 2 weeks ago or was it 3 might have been 4 but I am at the stage now I am not fussed about whether I go now or not and I always looked forward to my WEEKLY speedway night.

It is a serious issue not sure if some Promotions see it that way.There needs to be serious restructuring of fixtures ,missing the best summer months( weather or not) to suit some riders or other reasons is killing the sport.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Absolutely right, I know alot people who don't go to any speedway because of how it's run nowadays. 

It was the same last season I know of at least 5 regulars that haven't been back this season due to lack of continuity of fixtures (at Berwick) I mean same for all teams.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:38 PM, Bandit59 said:

It was the same last season I know of at least 5 regulars that haven't been back this season due to lack of continuity of fixtures (at Berwick) I mean same for all teams.

I don't really understand that, surely fans go to watch speedway because they enjoy it / love the sport. Why would you stop going just because they don't race as often as you want them too?

Are people really saying "I want to watch 20/25 matches a year, it's not worth going if there's only 10/15"?