British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

9 hours ago, MB723 said:

He is a good rider so I wouldn't be surprised if he does well. I think his indesision was part of the reason as he would have been a safe signing (and in hindsight a one we should have done) but he was in a bit of a slump at home (or maybe just inconsistent, can't fully remeber), only getting out of it when he got to ride at No2. I would guess that also factored into the desision because if the promoton believed in him they wouldn't have let him go as easily as they seemed to have done.

Everyone can see that Brennan is a good rider and still improving( he’s young same age as Basso).Think it was a mistake not too try and keep him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I really thought Zischke would have been on Glasgow’s radar over the winter. He was certainly on my personal team building list. 

Let’s be honest 99.9% of us knew this team was poor.

Makes you wonder whoever assembled it couldn’t see that.

Agree on Zischke the lad has been a revelation but it wasn’t unknown how much potential he had.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Everyone can see that Brennan is a good rider and still improving( he’s young same age as Basso).Think it was a mistake not too try and keep him.

Word was he was tired of the long t journey up which is understandable with the schedule he had.

But our loss is definitely Pooles gain , not sure if he still remains an asset or if we sold him on a full transfer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Word was he was tired of the long t journey up which is understandable with the schedule he had.

But our loss is definitely Pooles gain , not sure if he still remains an asset or if we sold him on a full transfer.

Think his main problem is going to be burn - out if he is not careful.He was all over the place last season and still the same this season.You really need plenty cash and 1st Class set -up to do what he is doing IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Starke will be away in the next few weeks, smith will probably sign permanently.

League will be almost completed in the next few weeks, there will be at least a couple off changes long before a few weeks have elapsed.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I don't remember them saying he is a Poole asset when they signed him. Also with only short term future guaranteed at the stadium, can't see them buying assets unless that is the only option in having a rider. 

Same reason I can't see Birmingham buying him either, so would assume he still a Glasgow asset. 

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think his main problem is going to be burn - out if he is not careful.He was all over the place last season and still the same this season.You really need plenty cash and 1st Class set -up to do what he is doing IMO.

My worry too but hopefully he has organised everything so that doesn't happen. I remember back in the day Bjarne Pedersen used to do 4 leagues and GPs!! Never got burnt out. 

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He was a credit too the club with his professional approach and that was ingrained into him with the excellent way Eastbourne ran there academy.

His youthful exuberance will have taken over and he will be loving the ride.

In another 5 Years maybe not so much.

Ben Basso was also saying he was exhausted with his schedule towards the end off last season and had too drop a league for this season.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

People keep talking of changes, but who realistically is there out there who wants to race. Maybe the cost cutting is due to the high cost of last season.

When you have an underperforming 2nd string on a low it is very difficult to find anybody that going to make a big difference with 1 change.Even Complin had low average as a reserve.

• Like 1

Everyone seems to forget the last two seasons we had Brennan he was dynamite first half of the season and fell away towards the end, from an outsider perspective, fatigue had to be one of the issues, he finished up at the number two spot after the taresenko move.

As has been pointed out numerous times with the Team.building average dropping to 38 the team had to be built with potential to add to their averages

They were looking for Paul and Lee to improve, the former showing that that's been an unfortunately inaccurate assumption and Lee never going to ride again (for the foreseeable anyways).

With the points available on the 1st June there will either be a mass cull and Kai Huckenbeck in on a 8.5 ( I sh*T you not that's what he'd come in on). Or it'll be one for one and cling on till the end of the season with the vain hope of making the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Everyone seems to forget the last two seasons we had Brennan he was dynamite first half of the season and fell away towards the end, from an outsider perspective, fatigue had to be one of the issues, he finished up at the number two spot after the taresenko move.

As has been pointed out numerous times with the Team.building average dropping to 38 the team had to be built with potential to add to their averages

They were looking for Paul and Lee to improve, the former showing that that's been an unfortunately inaccurate assumption and Lee never going to ride again (for the foreseeable anyways).

With the points available on the 1st June there will either be a mass cull and Kai Huckenbeck in on a 8.5 ( I sh*T you not that's what he'd come in on). Or it'll be one for one and cling on till the end of the season with the vain hope of making the playoffs.

Think it was wishful thinking regarding Paul and Lee.IMO.and a few others

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think it was wishful thinking regarding Paul and Lee.IMO.and a few others

Lee ended the season on a high, was on a 3.6 and up against a lot of weakened reserves in the league with the average drop. Plus knowing he was coming in on better equipment than what he had last year I think a 4-5 average was surely obtainable.

Starke was in on what was said a "false average", again I hate that term, yes you can have a strong playoff run which won't affect your average but that wasn't where he was coming from.

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Lee ended the season on a high, was on a 3.6 and up against a lot of weakened reserves in the league with the average drop. Plus knowing he was coming in on better equipment than what he had last year I think a 4-5 average was surely obtainable.

Starke was in on what was said a "false average", again I hate that term, yes you can have a strong playoff run which won't affect your average but that wasn't where he was coming from.

The only thing false about his average was it was too high

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

People keep talking of changes, but who realistically is there out there who wants to race. Maybe the cost cutting is due to the high cost of last season.

There’s a Aussie over with sedgy at the moment who’s ready to go.